Miami night club news from the source

Same shit, different year.

A frank discussion about night clubs, bars, music festivals, art events, and lounges.

Moderator: pod

Postby pod on 22 Dec 2017 21:38

Re: Same shit, different year.

coach wrote:
Though, that may change in the future. The Bayfront Trust lost its excellent director a year or so ago. Dunno if he quit or was fired, but without him to maintain it, who knows what will happen.

That may have a lot to do with the renewed interest in sending Ultra off.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Founder of the Minton Yacht Club.

Раз, два, три!

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby Michael^Heaven on 23 Dec 2017 08:19

Re:

Never been/ no desire to go. Shirtless dudes running around, portalet lines, expensive everything, & no real dancefloor.
Michael^Heaven

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.

Postby pod on 23 Dec 2017 13:11

Re: Re:

Michael^Heaven wrote:Never been/ no desire to go. Shirtless dudes running around, portalet lines, expensive everything, & no real dancefloor.

Never understood that. It's dance music, but yet there's no dance floor. Just a bunch of people mashed up against the mojo barrier watching pretty lights and a guy press play.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Раз, два, три!

Postby Michael^Heaven on 23 Dec 2017 19:59

Re:

The dancefloor thing has been one of my main negatives forever in regards to outdoor electronic based events. I'm there to get my groove on & a grass/dirt/mud surface just doesn't cut it , so to speak.
Michael^Heaven

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.

Postby pod on 23 Dec 2017 21:28

Michael^Heaven wrote:The dancefloor thing has been one of my main negatives forever in regards to outdoor electronic based events. I'm there to get my groove on & a grass/dirt/mud surface just doesn't cut it , so to speak.

Have a dirt surface if you want, but make a dancefloor.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Раз, два, три!

Postby davenavarro on 24 Dec 2017 15:52

Michael^Heaven wrote:Never been/ no desire to go. Shirtless dudes running around, portalet lines, expensive everything, & no real dancefloor.

I've never been to ultra either even though I've lived in Miami my entire life. I think it would've been awesome to go to Ultra when they had it on the beach. I've always wanted to go just to check it out, but I just can't justify paying that much money to see someone spin records, or push a button. I'm still holding out hope that Daft Punk plays one year, or a band like Jane's Addiction. I'd go for one day if either of those 2 acts ever perform at Ultra.
davenavarro

Purpose of your visit?: My Real Name is Sergio

Postby coach on 26 Dec 2017 16:59

pod wrote:
coach wrote:
Though, that may change in the future. The Bayfront Trust lost its excellent director a year or so ago. Dunno if he quit or was fired, but without him to maintain it, who knows what will happen.

That may have a lot to do with the renewed interest in sending Ultra off.

Or vice versa.
coach

Purpose of your visit?: Get real
What do you do?

Postby LeVeL on 27 Dec 2017 16:26

pod wrote:
Michael^Heaven wrote:The dancefloor thing has been one of my main negatives forever in regards to outdoor electronic based events. I'm there to get my groove on & a grass/dirt/mud surface just doesn't cut it , so to speak.

Have a dirt surface if you want, but make a dancefloor.

This is a silly reason to not attend a Festival. Nowadays people don't even dance on the dancefloor either.

I love festivals, but everyone has their choice of lifestyle and how you wish to spend your money. Doesn't mean I have to agree with your righteous views.
LeVeL

Right-Wingers gonna Hate

Postby pod on 27 Dec 2017 16:28

You can go if you want. It's your money to do with what you please. I have no authority to tell you what to spend your money on. I can make suggestions, that's about it.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Раз, два, три!

Postby LeVeL on 27 Dec 2017 16:46

pod wrote:You can go if you want. It's your money to do with what you please. I have no authority to tell you what to spend your money on. I can make suggestions, that's about it.

that is pretty obvious
LeVeL

Right-Wingers gonna Hate

PreviousNext

Return to talk about Nightlife