Miami night club news from the source

Modern Pop Music Really Does Suck

A frank discussion about night clubs, bars, music festivals, art events, and lounges.

Moderator: pod

Postby coach on 22 Sep 2017 23:03

Modern Pop Music Really Does Suck

This is really interesting. And just as I have always said, Apple killed music.

Also, those of you who have said that making a hit is cheaper than it used to be, as I've said before, you're wrong.

But, basically, this is what I've been saying for years. Making good music is too risky these days. The record labels do not have the piles of cash to burn on all the losers you need to go through to find one winner.

Local music, where money is not really the goal, is going to be the only place to find quality and variety.

Anyway, this should make you old "get-off-my-lawn" curmudgeons feel even more self-righteous. I mean, not that you'll do anything about it...
coach

Purpose of your visit?: Get real
What do you do?

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby colione98 on 25 Sep 2017 13:46

Re: Modern Pop Music Really Does Suck

surprise, surprise, underground is not any better. as of late, we have two shitty options because what are any of the two systems in any way creating world changing music?

I've been saying for the past 4 years that there is this polarizing effect between mainstream and underground. As a result, there is no middle space to create shared moments. Today, nobody can agree on what a shared classic tune is..

At the end of the day, underground is fwd thinking. If the crowd isn't sophisticated enough to push their underground artists/sound to the mainstream, and get get rid of the sucky pop, then we cant cimplain about the mainstream.
colione98

Love Your Enemies, It Pisses Them Off!

http://www.mix58fm.com

Postby coach on 25 Sep 2017 15:52

What you're saying is that there is no way for the underground to cross over into the mainstream?
coach

Purpose of your visit?: Get real
What do you do?

Postby Kamen on 14 Oct 2017 11:49

"Pop" music is made pretty much exclusively for 13 year old girls and is designed to sell Merch and tickets and product endorsements.

So of course adults think it all sucks.

There is lots of good adult music being made today across many genres, its just hard to find through all the shit that's also being spewed out today.
Kamen

Return to talk about Nightlife