Miami night club news from the source

Modern Pop Music Really Does Suck

A frank discussion about night clubs, bars, music festivals, art events, and lounges.

Moderator: pod

Postby coach on 22 Sep 2017 23:03

Modern Pop Music Really Does Suck

This is really interesting. And just as I have always said, Apple killed music.

Also, those of you who have said that making a hit is cheaper than it used to be, as I've said before, you're wrong.

But, basically, this is what I've been saying for years. Making good music is too risky these days. The record labels do not have the piles of cash to burn on all the losers you need to go through to find one winner.

Local music, where money is not really the goal, is going to be the only place to find quality and variety.

Anyway, this should make you old "get-off-my-lawn" curmudgeons feel even more self-righteous. I mean, not that you'll do anything about it...
coach

Purpose of your visit?: Get real
What do you do?

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby colione98 on 25 Sep 2017 13:46

Re: Modern Pop Music Really Does Suck

surprise, surprise, underground is not any better. as of late, we have two shitty options because what are any of the two systems in any way creating world changing music?

I've been saying for the past 4 years that there is this polarizing effect between mainstream and underground. As a result, there is no middle space to create shared moments. Today, nobody can agree on what a shared classic tune is..

At the end of the day, underground is fwd thinking. If the crowd isn't sophisticated enough to push their underground artists/sound to the mainstream, and get get rid of the sucky pop, then we cant cimplain about the mainstream.
colione98

Love Your Enemies, It Pisses Them Off!

http://www.mix58fm.com

Postby coach on 25 Sep 2017 15:52

What you're saying is that there is no way for the underground to cross over into the mainstream?
coach

What do you do?

Postby Kamen on 14 Oct 2017 11:49

"Pop" music is made pretty much exclusively for 13 year old girls and is designed to sell Merch and tickets and product endorsements.

So of course adults think it all sucks.

There is lots of good adult music being made today across many genres, its just hard to find through all the shit that's also being spewed out today.
Kamen

Postby LeVeL on 20 Oct 2017 08:52

Kamen wrote:"Pop" music is made pretty much exclusively for 13 year old girls and is designed to sell Merch and tickets and product endorsements.

So of course adults think it all sucks.

There is lots of good adult music being made today across many genres, its just hard to find through all the shit that's also being spewed out today.

I agree Pop Music in general is not targeted for Adults. This also apples to most Genres of music
LeVeL

Right-Wingers gonna Hate

Postby slamminshaun on 21 Oct 2017 12:46

phpBB [media]
slamminshaun

Purpose of your visit?: No reason.

Postby coach on 23 Oct 2017 23:54

LeVeL wrote:I agree Pop Music in general is not targeted for Adults. This also apples to most Genres of music

Isn't that weird?
coach

What do you do?

Postby LeVeL on 25 Oct 2017 09:19

I remember being a teenager and the Pop Music in those days that I enjoyed were from Michael Jackson, George Michael, Boy George and Madonna.

As I aged Pop Music didn't interest me as much.

Now in days there are some Pop Music tracks that stand out like music from Bruno Mars, but the most kids are into Taylor Swift/Demi Lovato/Nick Jonas. I would never be caught listening to tracks from those music artists.

Unfortunately if you are in your 30s/40s and 50s you are not considered the targeted audience for Pop Music. Yes, you might go see an artists that sang Pop Music back in your teenage years, but this is different.
LeVeL

Right-Wingers gonna Hate

Postby coach on 07 Nov 2017 12:45

Just because pop music targets a younger crowd doesn't mean it has to suck. You just gave several examples of pop music that was excellent. If you actually watch the video, you see why pop music is going down in actual quality.

I am curious if this phenomena is also happening to pop in other places like Europe, Asia, South America (to me all Latin music sounds the same, anyway) and Africa.
coach

What do you do?

Return to talk about Nightlife