Miami night club news from the source

Irma

A frank discussion about night clubs, bars, music festivals, art events, and lounges.

Moderator: pod

Postby pod on 05 Sep 2017 16:13

Irma

Let's put anger and politics aside.

If anyone needs help if this thing does anything, shout out and I'll see what I can do.

If it doesn't - have a helluva hurricane party.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Founder of the Minton Yacht Club.

Раз, два, три!

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby Wayne S. Noches on 05 Sep 2017 17:53

Re: Irma

Pod, since you know most everyone here, I'm curious how many of us live in South Florida....any idea?
Wayne S. Noches

Purpose of your visit?: News
Dogs...can you hear me, Dogs?

Postby pod on 05 Sep 2017 17:58

The few that are left...

I'd say 98 percent live in South Florida. Most of them are in areas of great concern. If you live on South Beach, you should already have started getting ready. If you are on the ground floor of a place, you should be fortifying.

The others are erstwhile people who are in other parts of the country.

In my humble opinion, this isn't going to be a Cat 5 monster when it reaches Florida. 4 or high 3 at best. In other words, something we can manage without hysteria.

However, things do happen and if anyone needs help, I'll see what I can do. I can't guarantee help since unlike other years, I have family to care for, but if time can be spared and a hand can be lent, I'll give it my best.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Раз, два, три!

Postby spool on 05 Sep 2017 18:28

Insurance companies are your not best friend. The pictures! The more evidence you can provide your insurance company, the better the chance they’ll deny the claim.
spool

Postby davenavarro on 05 Sep 2017 20:09

spool wrote:Insurance companies are your not best friend. The pictures! The more evidence you can provide your insurance company, the better the chance they’ll deny the claim.

Spool did you mean to say the better the chance that they won't deny your claim?
davenavarro

Purpose of your visit?: My Real Name is Sergio

Postby JMT on 05 Sep 2017 20:42

I did insurance claim construction for over 10 years. If you are talking about a renters policy for your possessions, then yes, photos photos photos. For your home, it's very unlikely to get denied for hurricane damage if you have windstorm coverage.
JMT

Postby coach on 05 Sep 2017 22:48

If it really looks like it's making landfall here, we are planning to un-ass the AO. We are lucky enough to have family up the country from here to at least Illinois. Right now, it is still too far out to estimate exact landfall. We'll make the call probably around Thursday night.
coach

Purpose of your visit?: Get real
What do you do?

Postby pod on 06 Sep 2017 07:30

It slowed down a bit and it's still being spazzy. We really won't know much more til Friday.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Раз, два, три!

Postby spool on 06 Sep 2017 13:16

davenavarro wrote:
spool wrote:Insurance companies are your not best friend. The pictures! The more evidence you can provide your insurance company, the better the chance they’ll deny the claim.

Spool did you mean to say the better the chance that they won't deny your claim?

No, I meant what I said. What you need is, photographic evidence. That's all.
spool

Postby LeVeL on 06 Sep 2017 14:02

It doesn't look good for us at all. The eye of the storm seems to be going up the eastern shore of Florida. This includes all the high real estate condo's and homes.

I am in Davie and I prepared, but have not been able to get water bottles, but I have water. I need to purchase plywood to board-up, but I do not own a truck or know anyone that owns one at the moment.
LeVeL

Right-Wingers gonna Hate

Next

Return to talk about Nightlife