Miami night club news from the source

Irma

A frank discussion about night clubs, bars, music festivals, art events, and lounges.

Moderator: pod

Postby TechJunkie on 23 Sep 2017 23:04

Re: Irma

coach wrote:Regarding gas, bikes are your friends. Can also be used to generate electricity in a pinch.

In the same way that Pod was orgasmic about having an opportunity to go full-on prepper, I was excited to have an excuse to use a distance longboard as my primary transportation after parking the cars in a garages.

Managed to fabricate excuses to go on missions on Friday before the storm, mainly so that I could do 30-MPH downwinders in the empty Dolphin Mall parking lot. "Oops forgot something in the car, gotta skate back to Ikea..."
TechJunkie
Chief Quartermaster Officer

I had a dream last night I was piloting a plane
and all the passengers were drunk and insane.

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby pod on 24 Sep 2017 03:43

coach wrote:Regarding rationing, remember that 1200 Cal/Day is not enough to fight the ZA on. It's probably more than enough if all you are doing is sitting around sweating waiting for the electricity to come on, but if you are preparing for a real SHTF, you better budget for at least 2000 Cal/Day.

Regarding gas, bikes are your friends. Can also be used to generate electricity in a pinch.

Oh and for reference, remember when I dropped a shit-ton of weight? Like I went from near 200 to 140? I did that in part by going to 800 cal/day and a vigorous cardio schedule - I didn't feel any ill effects and managed to do just fine. One can manage on limited diet.

Though sometimes you just wanna have a fucking pizza. Oh and also I was told people thought I was terminally ill so I actually had to have a pizza once in awhile.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Founder of the Minton Yacht Club.

Раз, два, три!

Postby JMT on 25 Sep 2017 10:55

coach wrote:Regarding gas, bikes are your friends. Can also be used to generate electricity in a pinch.

How does that work?

I powered a light bulb with a bicycle once. It took a lot of pedaling.
JMT

Postby JMT on 29 Sep 2017 15:25

N. Miami Beach state senator contacted FPL to put her family first

A series of text messages to an FPL lobbyist beginning on Monday, Sept. 11 shows Florida Sen. Daphne Campbell, D-North Miami Beach, sent company Vice President John Holley the addresses for her mother and sister, requesting help with power restoration.
JMT

Previous

Return to talk about Nightlife