Miami night club news from the source

TNL 10

A frank discussion about night clubs, bars, music festivals, art events, and lounges.

Moderator: pod

Postby pod on 22 Aug 2017 14:14

TNL 10

I might do something. I probably won't. If I do, I'll let some people know.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Founder of the Minton Yacht Club.

Раз, два, три!

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby JMT on 22 Aug 2017 15:38

Re: TNL 10

Time flies.
JMT

Postby TechJunkie on 22 Aug 2017 18:00

You don't want me there of course, since I might show up with a Muslim or a transgender friend or something.

I'm deeply saddened that this little project turned into a platform for hate speech that is actively making the world a worse place.
TechJunkie
Chief Quartermaster Officer

I had a dream last night I was piloting a plane
and all the passengers were drunk and insane.

Postby JMT on 22 Aug 2017 18:29

TechJunkie wrote:You don't want me there of course, since I might show up with a Muslim or a transgender friend or something.

I kid. In all seriousness, if you make it, first beer is on me...

JMT

Postby TechJunkie on 22 Aug 2017 18:42

Will you be passing out tiki torches, or would I need to bring my own?

I wouldn't attend a function where I know that so many of my friends would not be welcome because of their race, religion, sexuality, gender identity, or their voter registration cards.

This site lived about eight years beyond its usefulness and I regret having kept it going after about 2009. Now there are more anti-Muslim posts here than there are posts about nightlife. Just shut this thing down and move to Stormfront.

You keep posting the hate speech, I'll get back to working on nightlife.
TechJunkie

Postby coach on 22 Aug 2017 20:26

TechJunkie wrote:...and move to Stormfront.

Didn't that thing get taken out by Anonymous? And then their host booted them? Is it still up? (No, I'm not going to check for myself.)

Anyway, lemme know, Pod. If I'm up to it, we'll roll by. Hit up Brad at 1306, he'd probably give us a deal.
coach

Purpose of your visit?: Get real
What do you do?

Postby TechJunkie on 22 Aug 2017 20:42

You're thinking of the Daily Stormer. That site had to move to a TOR URL. It's more of a blog, whereas Stormfront is a forum like TNL. Way too much like TNL.
TechJunkie

Postby JMT on 22 Aug 2017 21:08

TechJunkie wrote:Will you be passing out tiki torches, or would I need to bring my own?

Citronella is as repulsive as male feminists.

TechJunkie wrote:I wouldn't attend a function where I know that so many of my friends would not be welcome because of their race, religion, sexuality, gender identity, or their voter registration cards.

"Friends". Good one.

TechJunkie wrote:This site lived about eight years beyond its usefulness and I regret having kept it going after about 2009. Now there are more anti-Muslim posts here than there are posts about nightlife. Just shut this thing down and move to Stormfront.

We should definitely post some of your greatest hits over there and see how much they eat it up.

TechJunkie wrote:You keep posting the hate speech news, I'll get back to working on nightlife.

We heard that one before, but you came back.
JMT

Postby pod on 22 Aug 2017 21:35

Actually I wasn't really gonna do anything. I posted this because I could.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Founder of the Minton Yacht Club.

Раз, два, три!

Postby TechJunkie on 22 Aug 2017 21:50

JMT wrote:
TechJunkie wrote:You keep posting the hate speech news, I'll get back to working on nightlife.

We heard that one before, but you came back.

I used to go out of my way to waste endless hours here on keeping the conversation going. Done with that. Never said I was quitting, I asked why I should spend all of that time here. The predictable responses from people like you then flowed in.

Those responses made it obvious why this community has dwindled down to a handful of misogynistic xenophobes: Pod's isolationist attitude, misogyny, and Libertarian extremist politics that have recently transmuted into a bizarre obsession with statism and open hostility for anybody who is not also a Libertarian extremist. The misogyny was always there even in the CoolJunkie days, but I always thought it was some kind of joke. Like this "Pod" was a character. Some kind of Andrew Dice Clay alter ego. But it's not. And he turned the whole site into an extension of all of that.

We started with a diverse and thriving community. Now all that's left is your anti-Muslim posts and Pod raving about women who he imagines are scolding him. Sad!
TechJunkie

Next

Return to talk about Nightlife