Miami night club news from the source

Locals petition to move Ultra from Bayfront Park

A frank discussion about night clubs, bars, music festivals, art events, and lounges.

Moderator: pod

Postby TechJunkie on 01 Aug 2017 10:38

Re: Locals petition to move Ultra from Bayfront Park

In Pod's Utopian fantasy version of Miami, the evil government can't set aside public land. And in that Miami, there is no Bayfront Park. Instead the land is full of condo towers.
TechJunkie
Chief Quartermaster Officer

I had a dream last night I was piloting a plane
and all the passengers were drunk and insane.

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby LeVeL on 02 Aug 2017 09:42

TechJunkie wrote:In Pod's Utopian fantasy version of Miami, the evil government can't set aside public land. And in that Miami, there is no Bayfront Park. Instead the land is full of condo towers.

Pod is living in the wrong era. He should take a time machine back to the American Revolutionary Days/Civil War Days

His views would make more sense to people back then
LeVeL

Right-Wingers gonna Hate

Postby The Honky Tonk Man on 03 Aug 2017 15:08

Be-careful what you wish for.

I think the future of UMF is on Miami Beach on the sand in late April or May. I would imagine MB has already approached them but UMF likely doesn't want to change the dates. I fully understand their apprehension but they should move it. Tortuga and Sunfest are at the end of tourist season for a reason, it juices up the local economy an extra week, the city will welcome them with arms wide open.

I say move it.

CL
The Honky Tonk Man
Retired Club Legend

Postby TechJunkie on 03 Aug 2017 16:14

There was an exception to the noise ordinance in the entertainment district on South Beach from Fifth to 15th during the centennial concert in 2015 that ended at midnight. Ultra is much louder than that Gloria Estefan concert was.

Since then, just last Wednesday, the city imposed the normal noise ordinance on the entertainment district. That starts at 11 PM. The city is aggressively trying to decrease crime rates and prevent, "damage to the Miami Beach brand", in that area.

I would personally bet against Ultra being allowed to set up in the area any time soon. The political climate is not right for it.
TechJunkie

Postby davenavarro on 03 Aug 2017 18:13

I think you're wrong on this one Honkydamus. Ultra started on Miami Beach, but they were nowhere near as big, or had anywhere near as many people attending the first few years than they do now. Having Ultra on the beach would be such a headache that I don't ever see that happening. At least downtown has plenty of places to park, and the metrorail to get people to and from Ultra. I think Ultra either stays at Bayfront Park, or they move it to somewhere out west.
davenavarro

Purpose of your visit?: My Real Name is Sergio

Postby LeVeL on 04 Aug 2017 10:21

davenavarro wrote:I think you're wrong on this one Honkydamus. Ultra started on Miami Beach, but they were nowhere near as big, or had anywhere near as many people attending the first few years than they do now. Having Ultra on the beach would be such a headache that I don't ever see that happening. At least downtown has plenty of places to park, and the metrorail to get people to and from Ultra. I think Ultra either stays at Bayfront Park, or they move it to somewhere out west.

I agree with Dave on this one. Logistically a festival the size of ULTRA on the sands of South Beach would be a nightmare. There is not enough parking in South Beach for all the attendees.

Also the residents of South Beach would bitch and complain about anything. After one year in South Beach the event would be moved again.
LeVeL

Right-Wingers gonna Hate

Postby TechJunkie on 04 Aug 2017 13:34

LeVeL wrote:Also the residents of South Beach would bitch and complain about anything. After one year in South Beach the event would be moved again.

Floatopia didn't help at all, in terms of the idea of moving Ultra to the beach.
TechJunkie

Postby LeVeL on 04 Aug 2017 16:36

I can see it now..

Fruitcake Rollerbladers and Skateboarders complaining of people traffic on Lincoln and SOBE streets. South Beach Elitist complaining about their little doggies stepping on Raver piss
LeVeL

Right-Wingers gonna Hate

Postby TechJunkie on 06 Aug 2017 20:01

You have apparently missed my many posts complaining about pedestrians getting in the way of my skating.
TechJunkie

Postby slamminshaun on 07 Aug 2017 07:39

TechJunkie wrote:You have apparently missed my many posts complaining about pedestrians getting in the way of my skating.

No, he didn't. That was just his artful way of calling you a fruitcake.
slamminshaun

Purpose of your visit?: No reason.

PreviousNext

Return to talk about Nightlife