Miami night club news from the source

Condo dwellers bitching about the 11th Street clubs again

A frank discussion about night clubs, bars, music festivals, art events, and lounges.

Moderator: pod

Postby pod on 07 Jul 2017 08:14

Re: Condo dwellers bitching about the 11th Street clubs agai

Yep. In Downtown it's been a battle for about a decade now. Our clubs aren't one-round pushovers thankfully.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Founder of the Minton Yacht Club.

Раз, два, три!

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby coach on 07 Jul 2017 10:30

First, One of the problems is that the building developers did not properly sound insulate the buildings, even though they knew sound is an issue. All of those condos are younger than Space, of course, so that should have been taken into account. The condo owners should sue the developers to have their condos properly insulated, instead of bothering the clubs.

Second, yes, if you move into a condo right above a club and then complain about the noise, you are an idiot. But, we've been over that many times before.

Third, I bet you the salespeople did not mention the sound issue when they sold the condos. Again, the owners should sue them for misrepresentation and fraud, instead of going after the club.

Fourth, and most important, why now? Most of those condos are a couple years old by this point, maybe more. I know there have been complaints before and they were settled. It has been a while, probably over a year, since the last battle. So why is this reappearing now? If you think it is NOT because someone wants to put a tower on Space, you're a fool. These condo idiots are just being used as pawns.

The thing is, this time I am not confident we will win, like we have the 19 previous times people complained. Despite everything we've done, it seems like the developers are getting stronger, not weaker. I think Miami World Center really sealed the deal. Once that goes in, it's all over.
coach

Purpose of your visit?: Get real
What do you do?

Postby pod on 07 Jul 2017 11:55

The realtors usually tell prospective buyers one of two things, that the clubs aren't an issue, or more nefariously, that "we are working to have those places shut down..."

The first is a lie, and the second, while true, isn't really something I'd count on as a prospective tenant.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Раз, два, три!

Postby trogers on 07 Jul 2017 13:43

coach wrote:The thing is, this time I am not confident we will win, like we have the 19 previous times people complained. Despite everything we've done, it seems like the developers are getting stronger, not weaker. I think Miami World Center really sealed the deal. Once that goes in, it's all over.

Funny thing about World Center is there's plans for something like 15-20 indoor/outdoors bars, restuarants and clubs.
trogers

Postby coach on 07 Jul 2017 15:20

trogers wrote:Funny thing about World Center is there's plans for something like 15-20 indoor/outdoors bars, restuarants and clubs.

While this is possibly encouraging news, those types of things generate a miniscule percentage of the sound that mega-clubs do. Also, this just gives MWC another reason to goad the condo owners into getting the 11th Street clubs shut down, less competition.
coach

What do you do?

Postby pod on 07 Jul 2017 17:21

Remember when we used to have a view?

pano1.jpg

Now all the venues are either totally covered up or have some sort of noise abatement. It's never enough for the tower cowards.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Раз, два, три!

Postby Wayne S. Noches on 07 Jul 2017 18:07

Downtown Miami club: We’re working on the loud noise. But we aren’t paying these fines.

One of downtown Miami’s hottest nightclubs is taking legal action to have citations for noise “audible more than 100 feet from the respondent’s property” dismissed.

According to a recent Miami Herald story, residents of downtown’s tony high rises are living “in hell” because of the decibel levels coming from the rooftop clubs that shake the windows.
More
Wayne S. Noches

Purpose of your visit?: News
Dogs...can you hear me, Dogs?

Postby pod on 07 Jul 2017 20:07

I love how these snowflakes call it "hell". Hell is downtown Fallujah or the west side of Raqqa. Not some bleeps and bloops emanating from a club on a weekend evening.

Get bent, condo cunts.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Раз, два, три!

Postby Bling on 09 Jul 2017 10:06

If you are dumb enough to live there tough tittys on them
Bling

Purpose of your visit?: Read and talk shit
"I haven't sucked a dick for a ticket since 1996" - as posted by TNL Member Dirty Harry

Postby coach on 09 Jul 2017 14:25

pod wrote:I love how these snowflakes call it "hell". Hell is downtown Fallujah or the west side of Raqqa. Not some bleeps and bloops emanating from a club on a weekend evening.

Get bent, condo cunts.

Now you sound like me.
coach

What do you do?

PreviousNext

Return to talk about Nightlife