Miami night club news from the source

Condo dwellers bitching about the 11th Street clubs again

A frank discussion about night clubs, bars, music festivals, art events, and lounges.

Moderator: pod

Postby coach on 09 Jul 2017 14:27

Re: Condo dwellers bitching about the 11th Street clubs agai

Did Miami.cum remove the comments section, or did they never have one?
coach

Purpose of your visit?: Get real
What do you do?

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby The Honky Tonk Man on 10 Jul 2017 11:58

None of those clubs except that strip club are making money, at best they break even and make a few dollars on big weekends or holidays.
The Honky Tonk Man
Retired Club Legend

Postby kryptonite on 12 Jul 2017 10:02

once had a condo owner at continuum complain to me how going to the beach was soooo unpleasant because it was full of kids (meaning dark people) playing "their" music and bringing "their" food & tents, and taking over their (her) part of the beach. that was the kicker... their part of the beach. said to me that a group of her fellow residents were meeting with city officials to make that section of the beach private. obviously nothing ever came of that, but #1 its never too late, #2 thats the mentality. maybe not of all, but i think its fair to say that privilege is just part of life that they can manipulate to their convinience. tale as old as time…

this is just one example of why i laugh at fools (=non rich) who get caught up in politics, political parties and all the bullshit that swirls around in that toilet. in the end, the money is what its all about. all the rest is white noise as far as I'm concerned.
kryptonite

Purpose of your visit?: to p.u.o.s.u

Postby kryptonite on 12 Jul 2017 10:45

Re: Re:

Michael^Heaven wrote: Look at what's been going in in London for example & the Meat Packing District was a pit back when Twilo was open.

wasn't mars in the meatpacking district ? did u ever go?
kryptonite

Purpose of your visit?: to p.u.o.s.u

Postby pod on 12 Jul 2017 10:48

Make all the money you want. Keep it all if you want. Give it away if you want. No one has the authority to deprive you of it, nor do you have the authority to use your money to coerce other people into doing something you want, i.e. using your money to steer government guns towards someone you don't like.

If you want something out of someone, have the courage to go toe-to-toe with them personally. I have yet to see an actual complainant down on 11th Street trying to work things out with the clubs directly. It's always by coercive proxy. "Turn off your music or we'll do for you by force!"

Again, I've been in those buildings on a weekend night - it's quite the stunning view actually. And the noise, even with the clubs at full tilt, is no worse than the din of any other major metropolitan area.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Founder of the Minton Yacht Club.

Раз, два, три!

Postby pod on 25 Jul 2017 19:31

http://amp.miamiherald.com/news/local/c ... 74243.html

Downtown Miami’s fledgling residential community flexed its collective muscle Tuesday, delivering more than 1,000 petition signatures from people calling on Bayfront Park to stop hosting the large festivals that have put the venue on the map as an internationally relevant music venue.

The petitions, circulated by the Downtown Neighbors Alliance, urge Miami’s Bayfront Park Management Trust not to renew an expiring contract to hold Ultra Music Festival, among the world’s preeminent electronic dance music events. They also demand that the public agency tell Dope Ent, the group that held the three-day hip-hop festival Rolling Loud in May, to find a new home.

The Downtown Neighbors Alliance is nothing but an organization of cowards and busybodies. Spineless scumbags.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Раз, два, три!

Postby coach on 27 Jul 2017 10:41

40,000 people come to Ultra. 1,000 people want it stopped. We're a democracy, right?
coach

Purpose of your visit?: Get real
What do you do?

Postby pod on 27 Jul 2017 11:54

coach wrote:40,000 people come to Ultra. 1,000 people want it stopped. We're a democracy, right?

Constitutional Republic.

But the reality of this situation is that it will come down to who gives out the most handjobs.

I'll send a crate of Jergens to Ten Museum Park this weekend to get my point across.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Раз, два, три!

Postby benm3 on 28 Jul 2017 06:20

How about a petition to get the Downtown Neighbors Alliance residents kicked out of the city?

Turn the tables on these selfish culture-killing scumbags :lol:
benm3

Postby pod on 28 Jul 2017 08:45

benm3 wrote:How about a petition to get the Downtown Neighbors Alliance residents kicked out of the city?

Turn the tables on these selfish culture-killing scumbags :lol:

Physical removal is on the table.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Раз, два, три!

PreviousNext

Return to talk about Nightlife