Miami night club news from the source

Condo dwellers bitching about the 11th Street clubs again

A frank discussion about night clubs, bars, music festivals, art events, and lounges.

Moderator: pod

Postby pod on 05 Jul 2017 11:42

Condo dwellers bitching about the 11th Street clubs again

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/c ... 27359.html

“Boom, boom, boom. Nonstop from Friday night to Monday morning,” said Michael Graubert, who has lived for three years in the Marquis building at 1100 Biscayne Boulevard, a few blocks from the clubs on Northeast 11th Street. “It gets louder as it travels up the buildings. This goes far beyond noise you would expect in the urban core. This is noise that disrupts your life and affects your health.”

Waaaaaaaa, cry me a fucking river.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Founder of the Minton Yacht Club.

Раз, два, три!

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby benm3 on 05 Jul 2017 23:24

Re: Condo dwellers bitching about the 11th Street clubs agai

“Never did I think that living in a beautiful penthouse would be like living in hell,” said Feldman, who recalled being awakened one night at 3 a.m. and traipsing bleary-eyed to the drugstore to buy earplugs that didn’t work. “I like music, but this is not music. There isn’t one square inch in our place where you cannot hear and feel the banging, blood-curdling noise. It doesn’t matter how many pillows you put over your head. It’s turning residents into lunatics.”

Another gem:

"You can’t even say it’s fun music. It’s that penetrating boom, boom, boom.”

Fuck these people. Move to Coral Gables or Coconut Grove. Zero sympathy.
benm3

Postby pod on 06 Jul 2017 09:56

I live where I live partially because it's quiet.

That being said, the noise isn't that bad on a Saturday night. I have friends who live in those towers and about as bad as it gets is just "city noises". Passing police cars with their roofs lit up are louder. What next, they're gonna sue MPD for having noisy cars?

OK I get it, you paid seven figures for a glorified apartment. That doesn't give you the right to use the long dick of the law to screw someone else over. The clubs have a right to operate. The condo dwellers don't have a "right" to peace and quiet. I don't see that written down anywhere in any legal document that matters.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Раз, два, три!

Postby LeVeL on 06 Jul 2017 10:36

Downtown Elitist. I bitch about the South Beach Elitist and how they have ruined South Beach and converted the area into Suburban Beach Town that resembles other boring beach-side towns on the Atlantic.

Please move back where you came from scum
LeVeL

Right-Wingers gonna Hate

Postby pod on 06 Jul 2017 11:00

Again, it's really not that loud. I've been in those buildings on a Saturday night and you don't hear much other than city noises. There's no "right" to peace and quiet. Noise ordinances are just nanny-state bullshit.

It's just well-financed residents (some of whom are also realtors and developers themselves) using coercive tactics to get someone else to fight their battles for them. Either man up and go toe-to-toe with the clubs directly, or deal with the "noise" and get on with your lives.

Please, there's real problems in the world. "Noise" isn't one of them.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Раз, два, три!

Postby kryptonite on 06 Jul 2017 14:01

pod wrote:That doesn't give you the right to use the long dick of the law to screw someone else over.

"...now whos being naive, Kate." - michael corleone/il padrino
kryptonite

Purpose of your visit?: to p.u.o.s.u

Postby kryptonite on 06 Jul 2017 14:05

totally botched the quote, but u get the idea.
kryptonite

Postby pod on 06 Jul 2017 17:42

You don't have the right to use the threat of force against someone who isn't using force against you. These tower-dwellers are all the same - cowards. They hide behind closed doors and send government guns out to do their bidding.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Раз, два, три!

Postby kryptonite on 06 Jul 2017 23:10

pod wrote:You don't have the right to use the threat of force against someone who isn't using force against you.

those are words to live by my friend.
kryptonite

Postby Michael^Heaven on 07 Jul 2017 07:25

Re:

This is the same deal that occurs in every major club hub city. Nightclub moves into sh#tty area where no one wants to live. Then, because of the venue's presence, businesses/ restaurants start moving in, the neighborhood does a 180, people begin moving in, now complaining about the venue that was ultimately responsible for the gentrification in the first place. Look at what's been going in in London for example & the Meat Packing District was a pit back when Twilo was open.
Michael^Heaven

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.

Next

Return to talk about Nightlife