Miami night club news from the source

Guy Gerber and his Secret Garden/Fair Tale set in Ibiza

A frank discussion about night clubs, bars, music festivals, art events, and lounges.

Moderator: pod

Postby kryptonite on 03 Jul 2017 10:42

Re: Guy Gerber and his Secret Garden/Fair Tale set in Ibiza

Michael^Heaven wrote:
I seek out new stuff all the time as well as the older talent. Although, I do tend to lean toward the more established djs because of their seasoned & established sound. Case in point...Pierre spun in Orlando last month in Orlando & absolutely tore it up.

michael, you speak like someone who is in this and likes it! good for u my man. i posted a mix by morales, to start some music shit, cause i like to do that, and sure enuff these clowns talkin old shit this, too unfiltered, too pure, no soul, all kinds a crap. that old foo is playin hot 2017 shit. they missed the last point. hot 2017 shit (i actually looked tracks up cause i wanna kno!). same foos wont post anything theyre bangin.. cause they aint bangin jack (pun intended) lol.

im posting shit up that i like in the casa thread. feel free to share something u think is hot.

too black, too strong...
kryptonite

Purpose of your visit?: to p.u.o.s.u

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby LeVeL on 03 Jul 2017 11:18

kryptonite wrote:glad u liked level. kinda hard not to, huh.

my man if you're 36 now that means u were bout 15 when u started hitting sobe? thats round 1996. what clubs were u going to at that time? at 15 y/o??? i know for sure that there wasn't no acid house goin round by then. and garage by then, well, david was now doing the mix. warsaw was gone. techno as well, at that time the commercial trance sound (tiesto type) took over, and any techno (german/detroit) or trance (german/sven type) stuff were fewer and far between. i think fever was goin full steam ahead at this time.

I do not know where you getting the whole you were 15 years old thingy from. I have been into Electronic Music at a very young age due to two older siblings being into House Music they are in their mid 40's now.

Back in the mid and late 90's Clubs in South Beach allowed all ages Parties. I remember Warsaw, Insomnia, Cameos all had them
LeVeL

Right-Wingers gonna Hate

Postby kryptonite on 03 Jul 2017 12:23

lol level, i did a funky fresh equation to work dem genres..

your age year 1981
genres u gave me= year they were playing it on sobe

example acid house= 1987/88 (roughly) (your age woulda been 6-7 years old)

house/garage= 86?,87,88,89,90,91,92,93,94,95..by 96 i think it was done.. u 6- 14y/o

trance (german/sven) 93/94

trance (tiesto type) 94/95- present

techno (detroit/german, & breakbeat cheese techno)- 90/91/92

anyways u get the picture. i averaged it up, threw a couple in for good luck and came up w 15. guess i was close. in those days, every year, in any of these strains was= light years. very cool u had brothers to hook u up. they're my age.

never knew warsaw did a teen night. i think fever was 18+, and insomnia 18+ was 1991, i was one of the djs.

i started at 17 w a fake id. before that it was teen night 1235, nepenthe, etc... etc..

like everything with this music, whatever the strain, set and setting is/was important. if u were getting acid house/garage in the mid 90's, your experience was more or less a replay done for the teens. tiesto/trance, that sounds like you got it first hand cause those were the years for your age… I'm sure it blew u away. well, for us older cats, the formers did that to us too. when we heard it for the first time, it was powerful. and watching it take over (in a cool little island) freestyle, bass, rock, alternative, etc.. was and is very cool to experience as well, to this day, for me.

anyways enuff of that. u gona post something u like, from them weekly downloads that u do? dude ur getting new.music.weekly.

play something.
kryptonite

Postby LeVeL on 03 Jul 2017 15:37

Okay.. Okay I will post some gems from a couple months back. I tend to not give tracks away that newer. But, these seem to be on your lane..

phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]

This is a set from a couple of years ago which really captured the classics for me:

phpBB [media]
LeVeL

Right-Wingers gonna Hate

Postby Michael^Heaven on 03 Jul 2017 16:26

Re:

In relation to mixes,

https://soundcloud.com/nathancoles/wiggle-for-20-year

I've been catching up on some Wiggle (records) mixes lately. As far as productions, I'm all over the place with vinyl & digital.
Michael^Heaven

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.

Postby kryptonite on 06 Jul 2017 14:09

Re: Re:

Michael^Heaven wrote:In relation to mixes,

https://soundcloud.com/nathancoles/wiggle-for-20-year

I've been catching up on some Wiggle (records) mixes lately. As far as productions, I'm all over the place with vinyl & digital.

link to the mix didnt work, but i looked the label up. good shit michael!
kryptonite

Postby kryptonite on 06 Jul 2017 14:12

LeVeL wrote:Okay.. Okay I will post some gems..

was that so hard?
kryptonite

Postby kryptonite on 06 Jul 2017 14:28

LeVeL wrote:Okay.. Okay I will post some gems from a couple months back. I tend to not give tracks away that newer. But, these seem to be on your lane..

ninja, where are you playing these track that you wanna keep top secret?? sounds like when we use to blackout labels on vinyl so the other jocks could eat shit..

as far as my lane... consider me the expressway in dubai.. you guys havent even begun to scratch the surface. thats the point of this whole excercise. getting to know u...

all u guys, post YOUR lane(s). loud and proud!
kryptonite

Postby LeVeL on 06 Jul 2017 16:21

I don't understand you. You want people to post some tracks, we posted and then you criticize.

So you are into the Soulful sounds and this happens to be an acquired taste nowadays. Most people wont be into those sounds, but its refreshing to hear that your into it.

At the end of the day we are all supporting the same team. Knocking on sub-genre of Dance Music over another is plain silly. This is what bother's me about some old schoolers.
LeVeL

Right-Wingers gonna Hate

Postby kryptonite on 06 Jul 2017 23:00

LeVeL wrote:I don't understand you. You want people to post some tracks, we posted and then you criticize.

So you are into the Soulful sounds and this happens to be an acquired taste nowadays. Most people wont be into those sounds, but its refreshing to hear that your into it.

At the end of the day we are all supporting the same team. Knocking on sub-genre of Dance Music over another is plain silly. This is what bother's me about some old schoolers.

ninja please.. when i criticize its direct (ask coach, ask pod), cause as u say, im an oldschooler. the only thing im gona criticize is yo reading comprehension. how can you take anything i wrote as a criticizim? u sound all butthurt, but over what? i dunno? reread, slowly. ill pretend it never happened.
kryptonite

PreviousNext

Return to talk about Nightlife