Miami night club news from the source

Guy Gerber and his Secret Garden/Fair Tale set in Ibiza

A frank discussion about night clubs, bars, music festivals, art events, and lounges.

Moderator: pod

Postby colione98 on 29 Jun 2017 11:51

Guy Gerber and his Secret Garden/Fair Tale set in Ibiza

Let's talk about it- FAIR WARNING!

Why haven't we had a BERNIE SANDERS artist, who doesn't bow to either mainstream/underground god, in order to create shared moments for all?

Listen, in case you haven't already noticed, it is a fact that electronic dance music has become so big that each sub-genre has filled in with its core following. This means, you can have an entire night dedicated to a niche "deep tech" sound- and I am all good with that. More so, I am from the place that respects an individual's and/or group's right to thrive among it's own kind; this is how cultures evolve.

That being said, it would be quiet remiss of me to not express the unfortunate fact that most of these huge platforms are giving way to dominant culture- all things mono-cultural. Meaning, if you aren't white European, or brooklyn/LA hipster, you would be hard pressed to find viable platforms that showcase to the alternative culture- house. Take Martinez bros for instance- they totally went hipster tech and haven't looked back...

Ironically, if one is to find these rare diverse audience performance on the Space meeyamee terrace, you would have to seek it through a youtuber with only 14 subscribers and 31 views.

It's not that I have a problem, as much as me questioning why aren't we calling it what it is? Platforms such as dance trippin tv, be-tv, mixmag, are mostly pandering to monocultural niche groups, which ultimately gives rise to the mainstream and hip hop. Why? How is a kid, who grew up listening to Oscar G, or has been influenced by his latin/ethnic roots, supposed to relate to mostly all white hipster/european tech/techno audiences? Furthermore, the sound that is referred to as house is labeled by the SAME TECH heads WHO THINK that they are in the know. Even more, why are they told to "seek" their sounds elsewhere, where their counter-partners are thriving and rejoicing? So, essentially, a tech head can readily rejoice 24/7, but look at a house head and tell him/her to go look deeper for their collective sounds.

In 2017, with so many platforms, why is there such a monopoly of sounds in the scene? Also, if the movement turns to "afro-beat", how are the now hipster/tech heads supposed to embrace a culture that they were never a part of and/or have never been exposed to? Where is the balance so that we can ALL have shared moments and not be limited to one trendy scene at a time?

phpBB [media]

VS

phpBB [media]
colione98

Love Your Enemies, It Pisses Them Off!

http://www.mix58fm.com

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby spool on 29 Jun 2017 15:56

Re: Guy Gerber and his Secret Garden/Fair Tale set in Ibiza

Remove the bearded superstar dj from his booth, replace with an unknown/unhipster one. Next, move those shiny people holding their smartphones, in to the monkey cages, so they can focus on the main task; staring at their smartphones, taking selfies, watching Kardashian klans and/or Dan Blizarian's social media pages all day long.

Bring the lab monkeys in to the party.. thats the balance!
spool

Postby kryptonite on 29 Jun 2017 17:57

listening to the first mix, tunes are tight, the programming is whatever..maybe cause it aint me playin it,lol.

curious to know, what is the drug of choice for those who frequent g.gerbr events? what clubs do they frequent in miami? treehouse?
kryptonite

Purpose of your visit?: to p.u.o.s.u

Postby coach on 29 Jun 2017 22:44

Why? Because people got bills to pay. Non-mainstream sounds no longer pay the bills. Those bills have gotten a lot higher these days. When rager warehouse parties were all hot, you could rent a full-size apartment for like $350 in Miami. That same apartment is now $1600. Even taking into account inflation, that math doesn't work.

Also, those of us who drove those new sounds, by going to those clubs/warehouses playing new sounds and buying drinks there, are old, many have children. And, many post the same stuff from 56-year-old DJs and aren't listening to anything new.

So, the answer is, nobody can afford it. Oh right, and the RAVE Act, that really killed a lot of innovation in the dance music world.
coach

Purpose of your visit?: Get real
What do you do?

Postby kryptonite on 30 Jun 2017 13:52

coach wrote:Also, those of us who drove those new sounds, by going to those clubs/warehouses playing new sounds and buying drinks there, are old, many have children. And, many post the same stuff from 56-year-old DJs and aren't listening to anything new.

blah, blah, blah…

the kids like it, its here to stay. until they (the kids) invent/come up with a totally new sound or experience, both, or whatever its going to be, this is it. get over it, and they're gona haft get over it too cause we invented the party as THEY know it.

you foos talking unfiltered this, old that, journey what.. theres plenty new shit to keep ur mouth shut of days. so, (i use so, so millennials get triggered to pay attention) how do u get to honey.. either:

navigate the social outlets till u find a group/page, whatever, that u trust is feeding u the hype shit. or, u find a forum, like the one we are on to exchange shit..possibly even good shit, that might even blow our minds. that has people on it that like nightlife & the music the play in it. theres gotta be some jocks, jock wanna beeees, music fans, club people, ex club people, on here that are hip to shit personally.

dude i discovered this today, on the radio.

dude, glass half full it. life is good.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rXWEPzwSvok" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
kryptonite

Postby kryptonite on 30 Jun 2017 13:54

kryptonite

Postby spool on 30 Jun 2017 14:30

coach wrote: And, many post the same stuff from 56-year-old DJs and aren't listening to anything new.

Interesting point, any evidence to support?
spool

Postby LeVeL on 30 Jun 2017 14:50

Liking the Track Kryp

As an Old School Cat (Yes, I consider myself one now that I am 36), I have to say that the Youngings are allowed to gravitate to whatever style of Electronic that they please. Back in my day people were into Acid House, House, Garage, Techno and Trance. Nowadays the popular Genre's are Tech House, Techno, Big-Room Electro and Trap/Moombahton/Dubstep

As long as Electronic Music keeps thriving, I will be happy. I love the Genre overall. Yeah, DJ's don't play sets like they used too, but there are still great productions for all the styles. The Old Schoolers need to stop hating and instead taken in the fact that the genre is in a good place right now.
LeVeL

Right-Wingers gonna Hate

Postby kryptonite on 30 Jun 2017 18:32

glad u liked level. kinda hard not to, huh.

my man if you're 36 now that means u were bout 15 when u started hitting sobe? thats round 1996. what clubs were u going to at that time? at 15 y/o??? i know for sure that there wasn't no acid house goin round by then. and garage by then, well, david was now doing the mix. warsaw was gone. techno as well, at that time the commercial trance sound (tiesto type) took over, and any techno (german/detroit) or trance (german/sven type) stuff were fewer and far between. i think fever was goin full steam ahead at this time.
kryptonite

Postby Michael^Heaven on 03 Jul 2017 06:34

spool wrote:
coach wrote: And, many post the same stuff from 56-year-old DJs and aren't listening to anything new.

Interesting point, any evidence to support?

I seek out new stuff all the time as well as the older talent. Although, I do tend to lean toward the more established djs because of their seasoned & established sound. Case in point...Pierre spun in Orlando last month in Orlando & absolutely tore it up.
Michael^Heaven

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.

Next

Return to talk about Nightlife