Miami night club news from the source

Guy Gerber and his Secret Garden/Fair Tale set in Ibiza

A frank discussion about night clubs, bars, music festivals, art events, and lounges.

Moderator: pod

Postby benm3 on 09 Jul 2017 02:12

Re: Guy Gerber and his Secret Garden/Fair Tale set in Ibiza

colione98 wrote:It's not that I have a problem, as much as me questioning why aren't we calling it what it is? Platforms such as dance trippin tv, be-tv, mixmag, are mostly pandering to monocultural niche groups, which ultimately gives rise to the mainstream and hip hop. Why?

I think you are making this way more complicated than it needs to be.

Dance trippin tv, Be-tv and Mixmag are just trying to keep their heads above water.

I personally have no idea how Be-at.tv or Dancetrippin.tv actually turn a profit. My guess is they lose money hand over fist and are tax write-off businesses for wealthy international investors.

As many nightclub ventures end up being, coincidentally ;)

They don't have anything against niche groups they aren't covering, they simply have bills to pay - they aren't making some kind of conscious choice to only cater to the hipster tech heads you're referring to.

If there was some kind of music movement they aren't covering today, I don't see them purposefully NOT covering it because it doesn't cater to some sort of predefined cultural group they are biased to - they will go where the attention and money is.
Last edited by benm3 on 09 Jul 2017 14:26, edited 1 time in total.
benm3

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby Michael^Heaven on 09 Jul 2017 11:41

Re:

Yeh, mainstream but was well done, IMO.

phpBB [media]
Michael^Heaven

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.

Postby Michael^Heaven on 09 Jul 2017 12:44

Re:

phpBB [media]

More of my current pace (even though not a current track).
Michael^Heaven

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.

Previous

Return to talk about Nightlife