Miami night club news from the source

What's the point of this place now?

A frank discussion about night clubs, bars, music festivals, art events, and lounges.

Moderator: pod

Postby slamminshaun on 16 May 2017 11:10

Re: What's the point of this place now?

LeVeL wrote:I guess Tech was ultra sensitive when he started this thread.


It's not the kind of thread one expects from someone with so much confidence.
User avatar
slamminshaun
 
Posts: 8193
Joined: 14 Dec 2007 16:33
Purpose of your visit?: No reason.


Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby DannyD on 17 May 2017 05:53

Re: What's the point of this place now?

Can we put our differences aside and drink together?
User avatar
DannyD
 
Posts: 3971
Joined: 05 Nov 2008 15:59
Location: My house is your house and in my house there's only house music
Purpose of your visit?: to Talk about Nightlife in South Florida

Postby Bling on 22 May 2017 13:14

Re: What's the point of this place now?

What's with the for sale sign??? Sad after all this time from back in cp days this is the end


Oh yeah and Johnson/hanks 2020 bitches :)
User avatar
Bling
 
Posts: 11145
Joined: 12 Dec 2007 17:32
Location: Commuting
Purpose of your visit?: Read and talk shit
"I haven't sucked a dick for a ticket since 1996" - as posted by TNL Member Dirty Harry

Postby LeVeL on 22 May 2017 15:30

Re: What's the point of this place now?

Have we seen the last of Techjunkie?
User avatar
LeVeL
 
Posts: 11500
Joined: 23 Jan 2008 00:17
Right-Wingers gonna Hate

Postby Bling on 22 May 2017 15:50

Re: What's the point of this place now?

I'm guessing yep
User avatar
Bling
 
Posts: 11145
Joined: 12 Dec 2007 17:32
Location: Commuting
Purpose of your visit?: Read and talk shit
"I haven't sucked a dick for a ticket since 1996" - as posted by TNL Member Dirty Harry

Postby slamminshaun on 24 May 2017 21:11

Re: What's the point of this place now?

LeVeL wrote:Have we seen the last of Techjunkie?


Poor guy. I guess he got tired to twisting himself into a pretzel of absurdity every day. I'm sure it gets tiring. Imagine for a moment that you are emotionally invested into a certain left-wing fantasy worldview shoved down your throat by progressive blogs, and then someone comes along and destroys your bubble. It's not easy to accept. No doubt about it. That's basically TechJunkie's entire TNL existence. He had so many of his wild San Francisco fantasies torpedoed by reality and logic, that he actually had to embrace some wacky "subjective reality" philosophy to reconcile all the massive contradictions that it created. Just look at the ridiculous posts he made over the years. He went off the deep end trying to reconcile the real world with his nutjob theories and half-baked fantasies. He actually said you can't prove reality exists. LOL!!!!!!! Deep down, he knew what the real world was, but he was so embarrassed by his absurd positions, he had to make up wild accusations about everyone else's positions to take the focus off of him. It was an easily predictable pattern. He gets defeated with logic and he makes up wild quotes and claims people said things they never said. Why? Because, hopefully, you'll forget about all the crazy shit he ever said. Problem is, he never counted on someone calling him out, as the intellectual giant known as the Slammer did. He was defeated in the arena of ideas, because his ideas were worthless.
User avatar
slamminshaun
 
Posts: 8193
Joined: 14 Dec 2007 16:33
Purpose of your visit?: No reason.

Postby LeVeL on 25 May 2017 10:31

Re: What's the point of this place now?

slamminshaun wrote:
LeVeL wrote:Have we seen the last of Techjunkie?


Poor guy. I guess he got tired to twisting himself into a pretzel of absurdity every day. I'm sure it gets tiring. Imagine for a moment that you are emotionally invested into a certain left-wing fantasy worldview shoved down your throat by progressive blogs, and then someone comes along and destroys your bubble. It's not easy to accept. No doubt about it. That's basically TechJunkie's entire TNL existence. He had so many of his wild San Francisco fantasies torpedoed by reality and logic, that he actually had to embrace some wacky "subjective reality" philosophy to reconcile all the massive contradictions that it created. Just look at the ridiculous posts he made over the years. He went off the deep end trying to reconcile the real world with his nutjob theories and half-baked fantasies. He actually said you can't prove reality exists. LOL!!!!!!! Deep down, he knew what the real world was, but he was so embarrassed by his absurd positions, he had to make up wild accusations about everyone else's positions to take the focus off of him. It was an easily predictable pattern. He gets defeated with logic and he makes up wild quotes and claims people said things they never said. Why? Because, hopefully, you'll forget about all the crazy shit he ever said. Problem is, he never counted on someone calling him out, as the intellectual giant known as the Slammer did. He was defeated in the arena of ideas, because his ideas were worthless.


Come on now you are kicking the guy while he is down..lol

I have to say, I never considered Techjunkie to be Progressive. I considered the guy a flip flopper in regards to Right-Wing and Progressive values.

I felt at times that he was on my side, but in other circumstances he seemed to be in the Red Teams side.

Over the years we have lost Dade, the guy from Alabama that claimed to have a window business, Trancepriest, Norah and the rest of the women on this site.

I admit there has been times that I have been frustrated with some of you, but realize its simply a discussion and there is no need to take things seriously. The reality is that not everyone in this Country or site is going to agree with all your beliefs. It has thought me that outside of our circles there is other point of views and sometimes those views cannot be changed no matter what you say or facts that you provide.
User avatar
LeVeL
 
Posts: 11500
Joined: 23 Jan 2008 00:17
Right-Wingers gonna Hate

Postby pod on 25 May 2017 10:50

Re: What's the point of this place now?

The whole "oh, the women went away" argument has never been one to hold water with me.

First of all, in the context of forums, it's never been a girls' thing. Girls don't waste time for hours on end bitching on the internet. They'll pop in, and go somewhere else. It happened on the orange site, the blue site, and here. Always, the epic rants and dissertations were the province of men. Lola doesn't do 2000 word essays, Dade does.

The forums have always been 80 percent male/20 percent female. My wife was a contributor to the blue site and even she only spent a little time on it. And I know for a fact there's guys who post here who get yelled at by their wives for spending too much time on here.

Social media is a different animal. Girls use Instagram and Snapchat a lot since it's more visual, and girls like to show things off. Shoes, dresses, food, nightclubs, chocha, whatever.

You don't see girls getting into Facebook battles. That's a guy thing.

Now grant it, there's exceptions to the rule, and I'm fully aware of forums, groups, and so on where women do have conversations, but it's never really been my job to encourage specific demographics to post. If someone shows up, that's all I can really ask for. If they can't handle the direction or conversations of the site, then so be it. TNL was never really intended to make money. We tried, but it proved to be a losing proposition. All involved moved on to other things for financial success.

Level, you and Coach got it down though. I don't agree with most of your political positions, but it never escalated beyond heated arguments. There's always room at the table for both of you at my house. Because it's just arguing.

We're not deciding the fate of the free world here. It's a fucking musty old nightlife forum where people bitch. If I recall, the original intent of this site was for it to become uncontrollable. Well, here it is. It's uncontrollable.
User avatar
pod
Kaptain Kook
 
Posts: 38492
Joined: 14 Dec 2007 17:35
Location: miami
Founder of the Minton Yacht Club.

Раз, два, три!

Postby slamminshaun on 25 May 2017 13:57

Re: What's the point of this place now?

LeVeL wrote:Come on now you are kicking the guy while he is down..lol


His Clairvoyance has been kicking him for years, or as Mattivi has said, noosing him up for years. He makes it so easy, it sometimes never felt fair.

For example, take this thread. He opens it up by spewing out a bunch of crazy nonsense how this one hates Muslims, and that one said all Muslims are evil, blah blah blah....the usual stuff, while fantasizing that he's sitting up on some moral high horse. Of course, back in the real world, nobody here ever said such things EXCEPT HIM, and the Slammer yet again dug up his own quotes for everyone's reading pleasure. Why he would keep accusing others of these absurd things, knowing that the Slammer will just post up his own quotes again, is beyond me. But it always made for an entertaining twist-a-thon afterward.
User avatar
slamminshaun
 
Posts: 8193
Joined: 14 Dec 2007 16:33
Purpose of your visit?: No reason.

Postby kryptonite on 25 May 2017 17:41

Re: What's the point of this place now?

guys u will never get younger women on here so fuggedaboudittt.

sooooooo


WHERE THE MILFS AT!?!?!!!!!!!

lol, some veteranas are always welcome to talk war stories.. they may like talking shit bout clubs in detail as apposed to the one-line, unpersonal snap, fb, exchanges. or not. who the fuck knows.

miamis gotta lotta veterans and alotta history from the olda folks crews... only truly interested yungins would actually exchange here, and that is great, but u gotta give em a reason to. fuckin talk about the party, clubs, music, yestrday,today,and,tommrw.

political talk, allday,erryday sucks ass. jussayin.
kryptonite
 
Posts: 241
Joined: 25 Feb 2015 23:01
Purpose of your visit?: to p.u.o.s.u

PreviousNext

Return to talk about Nightlife

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests