Miami night club news from the source

Fyre Festival

A frank discussion about night clubs, bars, music festivals, art events, and lounges.

Moderator: pod

Postby TechJunkie on 05 May 2017 07:47

Re: Fyre Festival

I was looking at a pitch deck from an SEM agency in SoHo when I saw the Fyre deck here, and I ended up getting the two confused at one point because they look so much alike. That actually kind of says good things about the Fyre deck because the other one was from an agency that specializes in telling a branded story through social media, and Fyre did that well enough.
TechJunkie
Chief Quartermaster Officer

I had a dream last night I was piloting a plane
and all the passengers were drunk and insane.

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby JMT on 05 May 2017 09:47

coach wrote:Page 29 is literally the BEST! Look, we have zig-zaggy arrows! How smart we are!

Yup, that was the best part.
JMT

Postby TechJunkie on 05 May 2017 15:30

Tablelist did a purge and tried to remove all traces of Fyre. You can see remnants in Google SERPs.

https://www.google.com/search?client=sa ... elist+fyre

I have seen stranger things than slide 29 in pitches, with stranger words than "ideate". That's at least a real word.
TechJunkie

Postby benm3 on 05 May 2017 16:25

TechJunkie wrote:Tablelist did a purge and tried to remove all traces of Fyre. You can see remnants in Google SERPs.

I have seen stranger things than slide 29 in pitches, with stranger words than "ideate". That's at least a real word.

All but 3 or 4 of the what, 30-40+ "influencers" in the Fyre deck have deleted their posts.

Something is just wrong with that.
benm3

Postby Cool1g on 05 May 2017 17:16

benm3 wrote:
TechJunkie wrote:Tablelist did a purge and tried to remove all traces of Fyre. You can see remnants in Google SERPs.

All but 3 or 4 of the what, 30-40+ "influencers" in the Fyre deck have deleted their posts.

Something is just wrong with that.

i'm sure the attys already have screenshots of the posts!
Cool1g

Postby coach on 07 May 2017 13:57

TechJunkie wrote:I was looking at a pitch deck from an SEM agency in SoHo when I saw the Fyre deck here, and I ended up getting the two confused at one point because they look so much alike. That actually kind of says good things about the Fyre deck because the other one was from an agency that specializes in telling a branded story through social media, and Fyre did that well enough.

Or, it could say that they both bought their templates from the same company.
coach

Purpose of your visit?: Get real
What do you do?

Postby TechJunkie on 08 May 2017 10:18

I was talking bout the narrative content expressed through Instagrams and the like, rather than the layout.

Personally my favorite slides were pages 37, 38 and 39. They list a bunch of C-level positions, and then things like "Product Engineer". Reminds me of a little five-person startup where one guy calls himself "CEO", everybody else gets to be a "C"-something. What's your job title? Oh I'm the Chief Instagram User. Best slide in the whole deck though is the one where they tout a marketing partner with the word "fuck" in the company title. I'm trying to imagine peoples' faces around the board room when that slide comes up.
TechJunkie

Postby Cool1g on 17 May 2017 13:37

Cool1g wrote:I wonder if Tableist has any $ exposure since they sold the tix/packages...

called it:

Ticket Vendor Tablelist Sues Fyre Festival Organizers to Recover Ticket Purchasers’ Money

Suit alleges Fyre Festival organizers defrauded Tablelist into selling $3.5 million in tickets, then took the money and left the ticket sales platform responsible for customer chargebacks and refunds

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/2 ... Organizers
Cool1g

Postby pod on 01 Jul 2017 08:41

pod
Kaptain Kook

Founder of the Minton Yacht Club.

Раз, два, три!

Postby spool on 01 Jul 2017 12:44

Acting Manhattan US Attorney Joon Kim said, “McFarland promised a `life changing’ music festival but in actuality delivered a disaster.’’ The men convinced well-to-do millennials and music lovers to shell out thousands of dollars for tickets based on promises of getting to socialize with models and enjoy musical acts like Migos, Lil Yachty. The indictment said he gave $250,000 to Kendall Jenner, who then promoted it on Instagram
:D
spool

PreviousNext

Return to talk about Nightlife