Miami night club news from the source

Congratulations Nick! The new CEO of Hakkasan Group

A frank discussion about night clubs, bars, music festivals, art events, and lounges.

Moderator: pod

Postby Kamen on 21 Apr 2017 14:59

Re: Congratulations Nick! The new CEO of Hakkasan Group

The Honky Tonk Man wrote:If Neil leaves the US and doesn't plant roots down back in the UK, this signals people are going to jail.

The merger imho is an attempt to obfuscate their assets. It's the only way for them to survive long term.

CL

Neil and Nick are not going to prison over this.

Metro and the Gaming Control Board vetted KAQ and the source of his funds just like they do with every Club/Resort investment. They were completely bamboozled and failed to detect a fifty billion dollar fraud.If Metro and GCB detectives missed it how was Neil supposed to spot it.

Plus, KAQ and Al Hussainy are supposedly under house arrest in Abu Dhabi and Jho lo is supposedly hiding on his expedition yacht somewhere in the south pacific. No one has seen them in the better part of a year. I suspect they've already been executed.

No one involved can afford to have what really happened to that 50 billion exposed to the light of day.
Kamen

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby The Honky Tonk Man on 21 Apr 2017 15:25

Kamen wrote:
The Honky Tonk Man wrote:If Neil leaves the US and doesn't plant roots down back in the UK, this signals people are going to jail.

The merger imho is an attempt to obfuscate their assets. It's the only way for them to survive long term.

CL

Metro and the Gaming Control Board vetted KAQ and the source of his funds just like they do with every Club/Resort investment. They were completely bamboozled and failed to detect a fifty billion dollar fraud.If Metro and GCB detectives missed it how was Neil supposed to spot it.

Plus, KAQ and Al Hussainy are supposedly under house arrest in Abu Dhabi and Jho lo is supposedly hiding on his expedition yacht somewhere in the south pacific. No one has seen them in the better part of a year. I suspect they've already been executed.

No one involved can afford to have what really happened to that 50 billion exposed to the light of day.

Lying to the feds is likely what will take them down. The feds will claw back all of this money as well. Also Nick and Neil being officers have signed their lives away once it become apparent the funds were tainted, what did they do about it? Did they report it?

There are sooooooo many shell companies, it's insane. Go watch the smartest guys in the room, best doc ever. They all went down except the Asian guy with strippers, he's in Hawaii with 300 mill.
The Honky Tonk Man
Retired Club Legend

Postby TechJunkie on 21 Apr 2017 16:32

There are so any things wrong with so much of what was said here and I probably should have expected this thread to descend into this kind of thing. But whatever, it's not my problem to correct the public record on any of this.

I would like to say though that yes of course Track got fucked over, and also that nobody violated any non-compete with Track. I started working with Neil on building this site and Venue Driver on the day after my Track non-compete ran out. Nearly ten years ago as I recall. That was after my attorney wife negotiated hard for a reduction in the length of my non-compete when we originally sold them CoolJunkie. They didn't seem to get the hint that I would be counting the days until that ran out.
TechJunkie
Chief Quartermaster Officer

I had a dream last night I was piloting a plane
and all the passengers were drunk and insane.

Postby JMT on 21 Apr 2017 17:40

The Honky Tonk Man wrote:
Kamen wrote:

CL

Lying to the feds is likely what will take them down. The feds will claw back all of this money as well. Also Nick and Neil being officers have signed their lives away once it become apparent the funds were tainted, what did they do about it? Did they report it?

There are sooooooo many shell companies, it's insane. Go watch the smartest guys in the room, best doc ever. They all went down except the Asian guy with strippers, he's in Hawaii with 300 mill.

Yeah, I don't know if it's a question of "if", but "how much?"

Estimates I've seen have the 1MDB money investment anywhere from at least $10 million up to $372 million, the latter being the remainder of KAQ's money still unaccounted for. Certainly looks like Neil jumped ship, so if you take that as fact we can probably assume it's not the former.
JMT

Postby TechJunkie on 21 Apr 2017 19:35

Honky, remember a decade ago when you were telling us that our business model was stupid and we would fail? You're just as wrong now as you obviously were then, but you're not relevant enough for me to waste time itemizing the reasons.
TechJunkie

Postby The Honky Tonk Man on 21 Apr 2017 21:15

TechJunkie wrote:Honky, remember a decade ago when you were telling us that our business model was stupid and we would fail? You're just as wrong now as you obviously were then, but you're not relevant enough for me to waste time itemizing the reasons.

It's easy to take insane risks when it's not your money.

For the record I like Nick, it's simply amazing what he's accomplished, but he should take the money and run! Please tell him to watch the Smartest Guys in the Room. Only one guy got out of Enron unscathed.

Lou Pai...

phpBB [media]
The Honky Tonk Man
Retired Club Legend

Postby TechJunkie on 21 Apr 2017 21:56

You guys are years behind what's really happening right now. It was probably a dumb mistake to even mention any of this here but I was sad for the nightlife gossip site that couldn't even figure out that this was happening to an old friend so I posted it. It's a little funny to see people nipping around the periphery with no idea what's happening now for real. I was originally imagining that some of the people who have been around since the old CoolJunkie days would feel a little proud of where all of this has gone since then but that was stupid wasn't it? All people here know how to do is snipe at the people who are out there really doing things. Keep up the criticism and we'll keep on taking over the world. I'm just sad that my days of having a Miami escape from the real world are coming to an end, as our global empire catches up to me.
TechJunkie

Postby JMT on 22 Apr 2017 09:25

JMT

Postby coach on 24 Apr 2017 13:13

Does Nick still live here in South Florida?
coach

Purpose of your visit?: Get real
What do you do?

Postby pod on 24 Apr 2017 13:34

coach wrote:Does Nick still live here in South Florida?

Nope. He moved over a decade ago. If I'm not mistaken, you were at the going away party?
pod
Kaptain Kook

Founder of the Minton Yacht Club.

Раз, два, три!

Previous

Return to talk about Nightlife