Miami night club news from the source

WMC Thread

A frank discussion about night clubs, bars, music festivals, art events, and lounges.

Moderator: pod

Postby pod on 15 Mar 2017 17:23

Re: WMC Thread

And I'm sorry, but I'm always gonna be a Chus + Ceballos fan.

https://tickets.heartnightclub.com/deta ... 16053be8e7
pod
Kaptain Kook

Founder of the Minton Yacht Club.

Раз, два, три!

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby Donnie Lowe on 16 Mar 2017 13:41

if anyone wants to hit MK and Friends at the Surfcomber here's my guest list link.

quite the dope line up on this one and super happy to be on it.

been looking forward to Latmun for quite some time

http://bit.ly/MKFriendsDL
Donnie Lowe

Purpose of your visit?: Nothing

Postby Alex Butler on 19 Mar 2017 17:14

Let me know if anyone wants to roll through to anything :D

Alex Butler

Postby pod on 23 Mar 2017 06:04

Let the DJ set the tempo, he's very friendly with his fans.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Раз, два, три!

Postby coach on 23 Mar 2017 13:42

This is the last WMC we're gonna miss.
coach

Purpose of your visit?: Get real
What do you do?

Postby LeVeL on 23 Mar 2017 14:57

I have to admit, I have gone to one party so far and maybe going to Fridays HYDE party and a pool party in the day.

But, this WMC/MMW has to have some of the weakest Party Line-up's, I have seen in a long time. Ultra might have a nice line-up, but the Monday to Sunday Nightclub line-ups are pretty weak this year. There was a time there were at least 5 to 7 great choice parties a day.

I am seeing 1 to 3 now and a lot of DJ's are not even hosting their own Club/Label Night or Pool Party.
LeVeL

Right-Wingers gonna Hate

Postby Bling on 24 Mar 2017 08:51

LeVeL wrote:I have to admit, I have gone to one party so far and maybe going to Fridays HYDE party and a pool party in the day.

But, this WMC/MMW has to have some of the weakest Party Line-up's, I have seen in a long time. Ultra might have a nice line-up, but the Monday to Sunday Nightclub line-ups are pretty weak this year. There was a time there were at least 5 to 7 great choice parties a day.

I am seeing 1 to 3 now and a lot of DJ's are not even hosting their own Club/Label Night or Pool Party.

These milennial djs are lazy bastiches
Bling

Purpose of your visit?: Read and talk shit
"I haven't sucked a dick for a ticket since 1996" - as posted by TNL Member Dirty Harry

Postby JMT on 24 Mar 2017 10:59

LeVeL wrote:
JMT wrote:
LeVeL wrote:Tonight is Day 1 of the Okeechobee Festival for me.

Interesting and diverse lineup. Let us know how it is.

I am staying at the Best Western in Okeechobee. Its one of the few hotels in Okeechobee, but the layout of the festival is huge. Its one thing looking at it from aerial views through videos, but there is so much space.

The festival sold out finally 2 weeks ago. This is definitely going to become the Coachella/Bonarroo of the South.

Where is the official Level review? How was that festival?
JMT

Postby davenavarro on 24 Mar 2017 19:43

LeVeL wrote:I have to admit, I have gone to one party so far and maybe going to Fridays HYDE party and a pool party in the day.

It's interesting that you mentioned that the party line-ups are week this year Level. I've never gone to a single event/party during WMC except for when I saw Tricky perform at the Cameo in 1998. I have been getting a few e-mails for free passes to pool parties and events this week like one that I got this morning for a pool party at the Surfcomber today. Is it normal for them to offer free tickets to pool parties at the Surfcomber? Could that be another sign of the demise of EDM?
davenavarro

Purpose of your visit?: My Real Name is Sergio

Postby pod on 27 Mar 2017 03:24

This year, the pool parties at the Surfcomber were the responsibility of a group of new event producers. I think they went the freebie route since they are new to the pool game and had to give it their best effort.

Sitting here on site at Heart for the final night of Music Week, I can tell you one thing, the crowd dynamics have shifted for sure. It's a "weekend" for most people. Artists don't stick around as much. They do their MMW/WMC gigs, and they jet off to the next gig. Even the mid-level guys who may benefit from hanging around dip afterwards. And it's pretty much the MO for EDM guys and girls. They'll do their gig at LIV or Story, then it's off to Vegas for their Saturday gig. Money pretty much.

Thankfully there's still artists I do appreciate. As I write this, Josh Wink is five feet away doing his thing, and it's pretty good.

pod
Kaptain Kook

Раз, два, три!

Previous

Return to talk about Nightlife