Miami night club news from the source

Rumor mill - radical retoolings and closings

A frank discussion about night clubs, bars, music festivals, art events, and lounges.

Moderator: pod

Postby coach on 06 Mar 2017 15:14

Re: Rumor mill - radical retoolings and closings

pod wrote:To be fair, Nikki was there first.
coach

Purpose of your visit?: Get real
What do you do?

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby LeVeL on 07 Mar 2017 14:42

pod wrote:To be fair, Nikki was there first.

This is what the Elitist don't seem to not understand. They have not made South Beach a better tourist destination, they are instead trying to transform a Tourist/Party Destination to a Suburban Beachside Town similar to other destinations like Delray Beach/Deerfield Beach/Ft Lauderdale Beach and soon to be Hollywood Beach.

The elitist have taken all the character away from South Beach.

I have no sympathy for someone that paid 2 million dollars for a condo in South Beach. I don't because the only reason that person moved to South beach was due to South Beach being a party destination full of debauchery, half naked women and things to do. They didn't move to South beach for piece and quiet..come on now
LeVeL

Right-Wingers gonna Hate

Postby pod on 07 Mar 2017 19:19

Yep.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Founder of the Minton Yacht Club.

Раз, два, три!

Postby TechJunkie on 07 Mar 2017 21:49

Don't worry Level, there is still plenty debauchery, half-naked women, and things to do in South Beach. You seem to think that if we're not standing around in a dark room drinking cheap vodka and yelling in one another's ears over the music that we're not having a good time. Marathons, food festivals, horse jumping, triathlons, symphonies, and brunch might not be your idea of a good time. So fine, don't come here. There are still plenty of dark warehouses with loud sound systems and cheap vodka elsewhere.

You're really complaining because you can't afford to come here any more. I understand that. But please don't pretend that we're not having fun here.

More on-topic: A seismic event is coming and I'll reveal more detail at the right time.
TechJunkie
Chief Quartermaster Officer

I had a dream last night I was piloting a plane
and all the passengers were drunk and insane.

Postby LeVeL on 08 Mar 2017 10:09

TechJunkie wrote:Don't worry Level, there is still plenty debauchery, half-naked women, and things to do in South Beach. You seem to think that if we're not standing around in a dark room drinking cheap vodka and yelling in one another's ears over the music that we're not having a good time. Marathons, food festivals, horse jumping, triathlons, symphonies, and brunch might not be your idea of a good time. So fine, don't come here. There are still plenty of dark warehouses with loud sound systems and cheap vodka elsewhere.

You're really complaining because you can't afford to come here any more. I understand that. But please don't pretend that we're not having fun here.

If you are going to provide an insult that has to be a very weak one. I touched a nerve and you know, I am right.

You are probably no longer standing around in a warehouse drinking cheap vodka and instead probably consumed by family life and rollerblading down Lincoln Rd like a fruitcake. I have explained by reasoning many times already, but I have yet to hear the main reason why you moved to South Beach?

You are probably not drinking cheap vodka anymore, but the quality of life that you and many of the elitist have in South Beach can be experienced in many other beach-side towns in Florida.
LeVeL

Right-Wingers gonna Hate

Postby TechJunkie on 08 Mar 2017 11:10

Well no, it can't. And that's part of the answer to your question of why I moved here.

I have explained this before, but the biggest reason that I moved here is because this is one of only a couple of places in Florida where you don't need a car. I made that decision after working as a firefighter/EMT and realizing that the risks that people accept in order to zip around every day in their cars are not worth it.

From there it was pretty much just about deciding between South Beach, Sarasota, and Key West. And that was an easy decision for me because of the secondary reason that I moved here: This is the single-most cosmopolitan place in Florida.

PS: 1. I ride longboards lately instead of blades. 2. I probably still look like a fruitcake. 3. I'm old enough to not give a shit what anybody thinks about that.
TechJunkie

Postby Wayne S. Noches on 08 Mar 2017 11:32

TechJunkie wrote:...because this is one of only a couple of places in Florida where you don't need a car. I made that decision after working as a firefighter/EMT and realizing that the risks that people accept in order to zip around every day in their cars are not worth it.

"Not worth it" is the understatement of the year. I dumped my Explorer the minute I retired and haven't missed a car one bit. I also don't miss high car insurance, $300/mo parking fees, or assholes intent on acting out dissatisfaction with their shitty lives via road rage.

I started coming to South Beach in 1986 and yes it has changed tremendously, especially the nightlife. But then, nothing cool lasts forever, does it.

(By the way, I've been noticing a growing trend toward live music...which is fine with me.)
Wayne S. Noches

Purpose of your visit?: News
Dogs...can you hear me, Dogs?

Postby LeVeL on 08 Mar 2017 11:54

TechJunkie wrote:Well no, it can't. And that's part of the answer to your question of why I moved here.

I have explained this before, but the biggest reason that I moved here is because this is one of only a couple of places in Florida where you don't need a car. I made that decision after working as a firefighter/EMT and realizing that the risks that people accept in order to zip around every day in their cars are not worth it.

From there it was pretty much just about deciding between South Beach, Sarasota, and Key West. And that was an easy decision for me because of the secondary reason that I moved here: This is the single-most cosmopolitan place in Florida.

PS: 1. I ride longboards lately instead of blades. 2. I probably still look like a fruitcake. 3. I'm old enough to not give a shit what anybody thinks about that.

I respect that Tech. Great answer there, thanks for taking the time to explain
LeVeL

Right-Wingers gonna Hate

Postby JMT on 08 Mar 2017 12:42

LeVeL wrote:rollerblading down Lincoln Rd like a fruitcake.

TechJunkie wrote:PS: 1. I ride longboards lately instead of blades. 2. I probably still look like a fruitcake. 3. I'm old enough to not give a shit what anybody thinks about that.

:lol:
JMT

Postby TechJunkie on 08 Mar 2017 12:47

Wayne S. Noches wrote:"Not worth it" is the understatement of the year. I dumped my Explorer the minute I retired and haven't missed a car one bit. I also don't miss high car insurance, $300/mo parking fees, or assholes intent on acting out dissatisfaction with their shitty lives via road rage.

I agree. But to be more clear, when I say that it's not worth it, I'm not talking about money. Driving nice cars is not worth the money either, and that's why my wife and I have cars that are both about 18 years old. One of them has almost 200,000 miles on it. Is it worth the price of college tuition to drive around in a shiny, new car that will get dinged up by assholes when I park it? Not to me. I have a friend who has six kids who just spent $130,000+ on a Tesla. That seems like a bizarre decision to me regardless of how much money you earn.

The real reason that I avoid driving is that I have seen what can happen way too many times. People don't think much about it because most people don't see how horrible the injuries can be from motor vehicle accidents. It's terrible way to die. And sometimes the people who die are the lucky ones.
TechJunkie

PreviousNext

Return to talk about Nightlife