Miami night club news from the source

Rumor mill - radical retoolings and closings

A frank discussion about night clubs, bars, music festivals, art events, and lounges.

Moderator: pod

Postby coach on 08 Mar 2017 16:04

Re: Rumor mill - radical retoolings and closings

Riding a longboard in South Beach is so common here that nobody doing it looks like a fruitcake.

LeVeL does seem to think that he's done a complete survey of beachside towns in Florida and most of them off the same amenities, but of the many that I have been to, that is just not true. Now, it may be that some of the amenities we enjoy are not important to LeVeL, which is fine, but definitely none of the beachside towns that I have been to offer anything like South Beach does.
coach

Purpose of your visit?: Get real
What do you do?

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby TechJunkie on 08 Mar 2017 16:18

coach wrote:Riding a longboard in South Beach is so common here that nobody doing it looks like a fruitcake.

Mmmm, not sure about that. You haven't seen how I do it. "Long-distance pumping" is admittedly pretty fruity. But it's too fun for me to care about what it looks like and I'm too old to care.

Also: I got some Heelys recently. I love them. I just don't care what it looks like.
TechJunkie
Chief Quartermaster Officer

I had a dream last night I was piloting a plane
and all the passengers were drunk and insane.

Postby DannyD on 09 Apr 2017 20:53

TechJunkie wrote:More on-topic: A seismic event is coming and I'll reveal more detail at the right time.

Care to give a little more details?
DannyD

Location: My house is your house and in my house there's only house music
Purpose of your visit?: to Talk about Nightlife in South Florida

Postby LeVeL on 11 Apr 2017 09:42

DannyD wrote:
TechJunkie wrote:More on-topic: A seismic event is coming and I'll reveal more detail at the right time.

Care to give a little more details?

Yeah...whats the scoop?
LeVeL

Right-Wingers gonna Hate

Postby JMT on 11 Apr 2017 10:00

He spoke to Bill Kelly last night.
JMT

Postby TechJunkie on 13 Apr 2017 23:34

It's public now, surprised it hasn't ended up here on its own already. Kind of happy about that since there is a brief moment remaining where this site will still be an escape for me.

PS: Longboarding in Central Park is so different from Miami. Awesome and scary and vertical and dangerous. I delivered the fruity and I've been carving back and forth down huge hills on the bike path. I don't see a lot of other longboarders in the park and the scars on my hands might explain why.
TechJunkie
Chief Quartermaster Officer

I had a dream last night I was piloting a plane
and all the passengers were drunk and insane.

Postby coach on 17 Apr 2017 17:14

Wear those fingerless motorcycle / weightlifter when you board, it will help a lot. Plus, it looks cool, even at your age.
coach

What do you do?

Postby coach on 17 Apr 2017 17:15

TechJunkie wrote:It's public now, surprised it hasn't ended up here on its own already. Kind of happy about that since there is a brief moment remaining where this site will still be an escape for me.

Grutman was on WLRN. If nothing else talks about the state of Miami, that does.
coach

What do you do?

Postby DannyD on 17 Apr 2017 18:24

TechJunkie wrote:It's public now, surprised it hasn't ended up here on its own already. Kind of happy about that since there is a brief moment remaining where this site will still be an escape for me.

I'm lost.
DannyD

Location: My house is your house and in my house there's only house music
Purpose of your visit?: to Talk about Nightlife in South Florida

Postby Kamen on 17 Apr 2017 20:07

DannyD wrote:

I'm lost.

Hakkasan Group is being bought by SBE Entertainment and its distressed real estate vulture fund backers who also just acquired Morgans Hotel Group.

Rumor mill says they also plan to acquire Caesar's and form a new public company.

This deal has massive clusterfuck potential. Crazy Uncle Bob 2.0 type closterfuck.
Kamen

PreviousNext

Return to talk about Nightlife