Miami night club news from the source

Can Metallica really sell out Dolphin Stadium?

A frank discussion about night clubs, bars, music festivals, art events, and lounges.

Moderator: pod

Postby The Honky Tonk Man on 14 Feb 2017 21:37

Can Metallica really sell out Dolphin Stadium?

Stadium shows suck so I won't be going but are they still that popular?
The Honky Tonk Man
Retired Club Legend

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby pod on 14 Feb 2017 22:32

Re: Can Metallica really sell out Dolphin Stadium?

Because nothing else matters, right?
pod
Kaptain Kook

Founder of the Minton Yacht Club.

Раз, два, три!

Postby Kamen on 14 Feb 2017 23:25

NO.

But they'll paper the place to make it look like it sold out and try to make a few bucks off parking, beer and merch.
Kamen

Postby LeVeL on 15 Feb 2017 11:05

Do they even have an opener for the show?
LeVeL

Right-Wingers gonna Hate

Postby JMT on 15 Feb 2017 11:12

LeVeL wrote:Do they even have an opener for the show?

Volbeat and Avenged Sevenfold.

Don't ask me who they are, though.
JMT

Postby LeVeL on 15 Feb 2017 11:17

I know who Avenged Sevenfold are, but I would expect a better opener for a Stadium Concert.

Metallica at their height of their popularity could sell out a stadium on their own, but Death Metal has been dead for a while now. Such a Stadium concert can sel out in South America/Europe, but not in Miami. Hopefully it does sell out and folks from Naples, Ft Myers, West Palm Beach and beyond attend.
LeVeL

Right-Wingers gonna Hate

Postby pod on 15 Feb 2017 12:23

Every time I read this thread I hear Hetfield going 'yeah-yeah!'
pod
Kaptain Kook

Раз, два, три!

Postby AndyP8 on 17 Feb 2017 04:15

I'm going with 7 other people. Got club level tix. Expensive as fuck ($225 after fees) but I've always loved metallica. I was in their fan club back in 99. They put on a great show and they are 1 of 3 bands I would ever consider spending that much money on (other 2 are TooL & Phish). I will say though that I was very surprised by how expensive that ticket was. My brother purchased them via a Citi Bank pre-sale...and if it was me I might not have gotten them but after he told me he already got them I just said fuck it.
AndyP8

Purpose of your visit?: discuss nightlife and events and stuff and junk

Postby Mattivi on 17 Feb 2017 09:35

I've never really understood going to see a band play the same music you've heard a million times before. The thing Ive always loved about tech-house(or any form of electroncia) is there is ample fresh tunes coming out literally week by week, day by day. All the time. Granted if you see the same dj with a span of six months you may see a similarly programmed set, but for the most part its always new and fresh. Don't get me wrong I love the occasional classic set, but to go see a washed up band of old turds play shit they've played a million times before, at less than peak ability, just doesnt make any sense to me. I have friends that still will only listen to music from the 80s, thats it, its as if they are stuck in some vortex they can't escape. But to "each their own". I will be going on my 17th conference this year and I still have a great time and there never was a year with the same tunes, in fact the whole point of the endeavor is to introduce fresh tunes, not harp on the same old bag of stale chops. But off to never never land for some of you, the only surprise you find is if one of these old geysers has a cardiac arrest on stage.
Mattivi

It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong.
Voltaire

Postby pod on 17 Feb 2017 09:54

Most live bands input new material into their sets each tour. Especially nowadays with tour costs rising - people expect new material.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Раз, два, три!

Next

Return to talk about Nightlife