Miami night club news from the source

I'm told Sobe is really dead this year.. Any truth to that?

A frank discussion about night clubs, bars, music festivals, art events, and lounges.

Moderator: pod

Postby kryptonite on 09 Mar 2017 14:04

Re: I'm told Sobe is really dead this year.. Any truth to th

Im familiar w the pier, i see it every day and i like it. Just wanted to give u background on what that pier (old and new) means to me. I have to admit that i havent seen the nws outdoor show. It sounds badass! Thank you for turning me on to that. I remember when the park on the corner, across from jackie gleason , got set up w the bose system w trippy ambient music. I love that kinda shit, no way am i against that wherever it may be.

Vegas.. i get it now why u dropped the extra info.

The money-im not talking about the age old money vs happiness topic. My comment comes from living in so many beach apts w the wood floors/green & pink bath tiles, and chekerboard lenolium kitchen floors on the cheap. Very cheap. This was essential to how we were able to continue living and partying on sobe during that time. My money went to records and weed!

That fucking bldg at the entrance i cannot forgive. Ever. Nothing to do w having to move to melbourne to get "that" back. If i wait it out, im sure it will get demolished in the next cycle. Disposable bldg. Also cant blame u for getting outa dodge. I would too if i landed on sobe yest or today.

I dont hate what u love or vice vesa. I dislike it on my version of the beach, thru my rose colored glasses.
kryptonite

Purpose of your visit?: to p.u.o.s.u

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby TechJunkie on 09 Mar 2017 14:41

If it makes you feel any better, most of us here hate that Fifth & Alton building too. But it is nice to have a Total Wine here now. Now if we just had a Costco and a Target I would never need to leave the countryisland.
TechJunkie
Chief Quartermaster Officer

I had a dream last night I was piloting a plane
and all the passengers were drunk and insane.

Postby pod on 09 Mar 2017 14:49

kryptonite wrote:The money-im not talking about the age old money vs happiness topic. My comment comes from living in so many beach apts w the wood floors/green & pink bath tiles, and chekerboard lenolium kitchen floors on the cheap. Very cheap. This was essential to how we were able to continue living and partying on sobe during that time. My money went to records and weed!

Think I got you beat. Tile floors in a Buena Vista studio apt that was smaller than a Honda Civic.

All my money went to "living the life".
pod
Kaptain Kook

Founder of the Minton Yacht Club.

Раз, два, три!

Postby kryptonite on 09 Mar 2017 14:55

Lol..wait for it.. its comin. The renaissance aint over yet!
kryptonite

Postby kryptonite on 09 Mar 2017 14:57

pod wrote:
kryptonite wrote:The money-im not talking about the age old money vs happiness topic. My comment comes from living in so many beach apts w the wood floors/green & pink bath tiles, and chekerboard lenolium kitchen floors on the cheap. Very cheap. This was essential to how we were able to continue living and partying on sobe during that time. My money went to records and weed!

Think I got you beat. Tile floors in a Buena Vista studio apt that was smaller than a Honda Civic.

All my money went to "living the life".

Sorry pod.. if u werent on the beach, then u werent livin the life!
kryptonite

Postby pod on 09 Mar 2017 15:07

I lived the life, trust me. I didn't live on the beach as a cost-cutting measure. Since at the time I was single, I didn't prioritize a living space, considering I spent almost no time in it.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Раз, два, три!

Postby kryptonite on 09 Mar 2017 15:11

Funny, but u i wanna share something that u may find interesting (or not). Theres a certain smell on sobe, that u'll experience when u make a left on meridian heading north. As soon as u pass 6th it hits you. And follows u all the way down meridian from there on. Its an old, musty, wood smell that is unique to the fuckin beach that i love. Its either the bark on those trees or the smell of all the old wood floors in all those buildings. Its most prominent when we get our week of winter. I actually bust a left, roll down my windows an inhale. Instantly i get transported back to 1989 when housin your body was all that we wanted to do. Funny how the brain works. It gets me every time, now maybe, it will get u.
kryptonite

Postby kryptonite on 09 Mar 2017 15:24

pod wrote:I lived the life, trust me. I didn't live on the beach as a cost-cutting measure. Since at the time I was single, I didn't prioritize a living space, considering I spent almost no time in it.

Just bustin ur chops, cuz well, its fun.

At that time, i didnt think there was anything cheaper than the beach with the bonus drug and pussy buffet.. i was home.
kryptonite

Postby pod on 09 Mar 2017 16:46

I lived on Miami Beach for a stretch, but never south of 23rd. Normandy Isle. I know it doesn't count, ha ha.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Раз, два, три!

Postby TechJunkie on 09 Mar 2017 17:12

kryptonite wrote:Funny, but u i wanna share something that u may find interesting (or not). Theres a certain smell on sobe, that u'll experience when u make a left on meridian heading north. As soon as u pass 6th it hits you. And follows u all the way down meridian from there on. Its an old, musty, wood smell that is unique to the fuckin beach that i love. Its either the bark on those trees or the smell of all the old wood floors in all those buildings. Its most prominent when we get our week of winter. I actually bust a left, roll down my windows an inhale. Instantly i get transported back to 1989 when housin your body was all that we wanted to do. Funny how the brain works. It gets me every time, now maybe, it will get u.

Yes I know the smell you mean.

There is a new smell now: hydrogen sulfide. Long story...
TechJunkie
Chief Quartermaster Officer

I had a dream last night I was piloting a plane
and all the passengers were drunk and insane.

PreviousNext

Return to talk about Nightlife