Miami night club news from the source

I'm told Sobe is really dead this year.. Any truth to that?

A frank discussion about night clubs, bars, music festivals, art events, and lounges.

Moderator: pod

Postby The Honky Tonk Man on 02 Feb 2017 14:07

I'm told Sobe is really dead this year.. Any truth to that?

??
The Honky Tonk Man
Retired Club Legend

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby trogers on 02 Feb 2017 16:24

Re: I'm told Sobe is really dead this year.. Any truth to th

Not sure about the clubs since i haven't stepped foot in a beach club in a while but any given night no traffic. Not like the old days where midnight the causeway would be backed up.
trogers

Postby AlexFever on 02 Feb 2017 19:16

SUPER dead.
AlexFever

Purpose of your visit?: What visit.

Postby The Honky Tonk Man on 03 Feb 2017 11:09

Is it a sobe thing? A Miami thing? Or is tourism down across the board?
The Honky Tonk Man
Retired Club Legend

Postby LeVeL on 03 Feb 2017 14:32

I believe there are more Nightlife hubs around Miami-Dade County now. You have Midtown/Design District, Brickell, Coral Gables, Gulfstream Race Track.

Each of those locations have their share of clubs, bars, lounges and restaurants. South Beach is not the only game in town anymore.

Don't get me wrong, I love South Beach, but I find myself going to lounges when in South Beach.
LeVeL

Right-Wingers gonna Hate

Postby trogers on 03 Feb 2017 14:36

The Honky Tonk Man wrote:Is it a sobe thing? A Miami thing? Or is tourism down across the board?

I believe its more a spread out thing.

Liv is north, wynwood is still hot, downtown has 3 clubs doing well, really popular bars literally all over the place now.

Hotel prices have been outrageous for the last few years as well even in summer.
trogers

Postby Donnie Lowe on 03 Feb 2017 16:27

SOBE hotels pushed the tourists out with their pricing. Their ADR is absolutely ridiculous considering their occupancy are down the toilet. Even the big branded hotels are hurting.
Donnie Lowe

Purpose of your visit?: Nothing

Postby Wayne S. Noches on 03 Feb 2017 19:27

Middle of the high tourist season and this is what's running right now as we speak...
Receive 50% OFF any room booked at Clevelander​ or our sister property Essex House Hotel​. Click the "Book Now" button below and use promo code CLEVE48 to receive the GUARANTEED lowest rate available anywhere. Black out dates and availability apply, can not be combined with any other offers. Must book by Feb 6th.
Wayne S. Noches

Purpose of your visit?: News
Dogs...can you hear me, Dogs?

Postby davenavarro on 03 Feb 2017 23:52

LeVeL wrote:I believe there are more Nightlife hubs around Miami-Dade County now. You have Midtown/Design District, Brickell, Coral Gables, Gulfstream Race Track.

Each of those locations have their share of clubs, bars, lounges and restaurants. South Beach is not the only game in town anymore.

Don't get me wrong, I love South Beach, but I find myself going to lounges when in South Beach.

Level Gulfstream Park is in Hallandale Beach, which is located in Broward County. You are right about there being more nightlife options in Miami now though. Back in the early to mid 00's the only places in Miami to go party and drinking at were South Beach, Coconut Grove, and NE 11th St. on certain nights. Now there is Wynwood, Brickell, Miami Beach, Downtown, Coconut Grove (though it's pretty much dead), as well as Coral Gables, and South Miami. Even Doral has a downtown area that is growing, and may one day become a night time destination. It's kind of crazy how the two places that used to be the main party spots from 1997-2010 (the Grove & South Beach) seem to be dying a slow death.
davenavarro

Purpose of your visit?: My Real Name is Sergio

Postby TechJunkie on 04 Feb 2017 15:07

FYI, tourism statistics do not show a shift from Miami Beach to other areas. And last year Miami in general had the highest number of visitors in history.
TechJunkie
Chief Quartermaster Officer

I had a dream last night I was piloting a plane
and all the passengers were drunk and insane.

Next

Return to talk about Nightlife