Miami night club news from the source

I'm told Sobe is really dead this year.. Any truth to that?

A frank discussion about night clubs, bars, music festivals, art events, and lounges.

Moderator: pod

Postby LeVeL on 15 Feb 2017 13:10

Re: I'm told Sobe is really dead this year.. Any truth to th

The majority of Northerners, Midwesterners and Southerners that live in South Beach nowadays moved because they were tourist that visited South Beach and saw that it was a great place to live/party etc..

Instead these people came here and since their arrival have tried to make this place a Beach-side Suburbia. South Beach will simply be another Deerfield Beach/Delray Beach. Basically a vanilla beachside town with tons of restrictions/bans and 2am closing times.
LeVeL

Right-Wingers gonna Hate

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby kryptonite on 15 Feb 2017 16:52

TechJunkie wrote:I love how this thread is full of people who constantly say that they never come to South Beach who are talking about how awful it is -- while two of us who are actually here every day won't stop talking about how much we love the place.

North Miami is a shithole. Glass houses, people.

tech tell about that. what makes you love the beach so much? what made you decide to grow roots here? (there specifically). im assuming you moved here less than 5 years ago?. what is it that made u say, 'this is for me!'..? im honestly interested.
kryptonite

Purpose of your visit?: to p.u.o.s.u

Postby Mattivi on 15 Feb 2017 19:59

kryptonite wrote:
TechJunkie wrote:I love how this thread is full of people who constantly say that they never come to South Beach who are talking about how awful it is -- while two of us who are actually here every day won't stop talking about how much we love the place.

tech tell about that. what makes you love the beach so much? what made you decide to grow roots here? (there specifically). im assuming you moved here less than 5 years ago?. what is it that made u say, 'this is for me!'..? im honestly interested.

He just loves taking arguing the opposite stance on what anyone has to say, it makes him feel important I guess. I actually lived there for the majority of the 2000s, I can say that its lost the cache that made it special. Back in the day you had a good influx of Europeons(the euro was strong compared to the dollar), latins and anglos, and there was actually somewhat of a dress code at most places... Gentrification had yet to sink in its deathgrip and and it still felt somewhat edgy and raw. Ive been to 17 straight conferences and I can say that a lot of the parties have thinned out and the parties are less packed overall, and the vibe isnt quite the same. maybe cause most of the people are focused on Ultra, and it does run across two weekends now, so maybe its just diluted. The same goes for the 4th of july party, just dead compared to 10yrs ago.... That justs my empirical observations from having been there over a span of almost two decades, I could be wrong.
Mattivi

It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong.
Voltaire

Postby davenavarro on 15 Feb 2017 20:53

Mattivi I've never been to Ultra, but it's only one weekend this year. I think they had it two weekends in a row a few years ago, but I think they only did that one time.
davenavarro

Purpose of your visit?: My Real Name is Sergio

Postby pod on 15 Feb 2017 21:04

Ultra is down to 1 weekend.

But regardless, Mattivi has a point.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Founder of the Minton Yacht Club.

Раз, два, три!

Postby Mattivi on 15 Feb 2017 21:51

MMW falls over 2 weekends. I wasn't speaking of just ultra.
Mattivi

It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong.
Voltaire

Postby pod on 15 Feb 2017 23:18

That it does.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Founder of the Minton Yacht Club.

Раз, два, три!

Postby TechJunkie on 16 Feb 2017 01:18

The Honky Tonk Man wrote:

We are speaking about tourism not the best city to live in.

Tourism has been up every year for like the last decade. The stats are online.
TechJunkie
Chief Quartermaster Officer

I had a dream last night I was piloting a plane
and all the passengers were drunk and insane.

Postby TechJunkie on 16 Feb 2017 01:21

kryptonite wrote:

I moved here the month after 9/11, after coming here to party for years. I've been a resident for about 16 years and I've been around for at least 20.

If you need me to explain what's different about South Beach versus everywhere else in Florida then you'll never understand.
TechJunkie
Chief Quartermaster Officer

I had a dream last night I was piloting a plane
and all the passengers were drunk and insane.

Postby kryptonite on 16 Feb 2017 09:20

TechJunkie wrote:
kryptonite wrote:

I moved here the month after 9/11, after coming here to party for years. I've been a resident for about 16 years and I've been around for at least 20.

If you need me to explain what's different about South Beach versus everywhere else in Florida then you'll never understand.

dam tech, i feel kellyanne'd.. did we just have an alternative facts moment? jkjk.. just tryin to be a relevant smartass. of which im really neither so jokes on me.

for a moment there i thought mattivi was the other of the two people you mention who wont stop talking bout how great it is. but by the end of his post ill asume its another member you were talkin bout.

my appologies for the miscommunication, or misreading of my reply to your post. no one (me) cares about how sobe is different to the rest of florida. maybe a reread? dont be greedy. share.

bigupps for the timeline on your journey to south florida. im sure it was a very exciting time in your life. one that clearly left an impression that made you want to stay, after all those years. i would think a guy like you would have plenty to say on the matter. thats what I want to hear about.

you see, im one of those people. it made a very big impression on me, only i was already here going to the beach w the viejos, jumpin off the pier and smokin weed in the towers. i can go #onandonandonandon...
kryptonite

Purpose of your visit?: to p.u.o.s.u

PreviousNext

Return to talk about Nightlife