Miami night club news from the source

Good luck

A frank discussion about night clubs, bars, music festivals, art events, and lounges.

Moderator: pod

Postby LeVeL on 07 Jun 2017 09:31

Re: Good luck

What a shame that such a space has become cursed over the last couple of years. Its following in the steps of Crobar/Cameo. No matter what hot shot promoter/club owner/investor tries to take over the space it simply wont work.

I can see the future of that space either being an HSM/Express/Guess Store in the future. South Beach is still great, but the days of the Mega Clubs thriving in the city are dead it seems.
LeVeL

Right-Wingers gonna Hate

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby davenavarro on 07 Jun 2017 10:35

I agree with some of what you said Level. It does seem that the days of the Mega clubs are over. The original article I had posted about Copa Room said that the owners first planned to open in the old Cameo spot. Although I think that would've been a much better idea (since the Cameo is actually a theater) I don't think the outcome would've been much different considering their idiotic concept. Did they really think that people were willing to pay $100.00 to go see some stupid show with celebrity impersonators, a dancing Chewbacca, and a guy dressed up like the Mask?
davenavarro

Purpose of your visit?: My Real Name is Sergio

Postby djtroko on 07 Jun 2017 11:33

davenavarro wrote:I agree with some of what you said Level. It does seem that the days of the Mega clubs are over. The original article I had posted about Copa Room said that the owners first planned to open in the old Cameo spot. Although I think that would've been a much better idea (since the Cameo is actually a theater) I don't think the outcome would've been much different considering their idiotic concept. Did they really think that people were willing to pay $100.00 to go see some stupid show with celebrity impersonators, a dancing Chewbacca, and a guy dressed up like the Mask?

I guess they thought that if Coco Bongo can do it in Cancun, then it can work here. Most of those clubs in the Cancun strip are owned by Cartel capos so cash flow is not a problem for them.
djtroko

Purpose of your visit?: Talk about nightlife. In the business of designing nightclubs and restaurants.

Postby davenavarro on 07 Jun 2017 16:23

Level I wouldn't go so far as to say that the building is cursed. Clubs just don't have very long lifespans. The only 2 clubs in Miami that I can think of that were (or are still) around for a long time are Space, and the old Alcazaba in Coral Gables. If someone were to open a club at the space, and if they didn't have an incredibly stupid idea like Copa Room, they might be able to be in business for a few years. LIV might be Miami's # 1 club right now, but it's only a matter of time before they close down, or re-open under a different name. It always happens.
davenavarro

Postby davenavarro on 08 Jun 2017 23:01

Wayne S. Noches wrote:
davenavarro wrote:I didn't look at the marquee Wayne. I did check out their Instagram page, and I saw that they had a few hip hop parties during Memorial Day Weekend. Even if they are still open, I have a feeling that they're not doing very well. Opening that place up was a terrible idea.

I just got a message from one of their singer/dancers...
They fired all the entertainment...
As far as I know they are closed

Sounds like it's time for the old "Closed for Renovations" routine.

Hey Wayne have you heard anything else? Have any of you guys walked by the Copa Room and checked to see if the marquee says anything?
davenavarro

Postby davenavarro on 15 Jun 2017 21:46

So I just drove by Copa Room about an hour ago, and I saw that they were announcing their Tuesday night party on the marquee. Have any of you guys heard if they've officially closed?
davenavarro

Postby davenavarro on 20 Jul 2017 21:07

So do any of you guys who live on Miami Beach know if Copa Room officially closed down? I haven't read anything in the Miami Dumpster Fire.
davenavarro

Previous

Return to talk about Nightlife