Miami night club news from the source

The Noff Does Not Approve of Two Weekends of Ultra

Night clubs, bars, and lounges.

Moderator: pod

Postby The Honky Tonk Man on 08 Jan 2013 12:29

Re: The Noff Does Not Approve of Two Weekends of Ultra

Oh boy, it gets good..

Basically they all agree UMF on two weekends is for one year only. A pilot program and they will reevaluate next year. This doesn't mean UMF will go forth this year with 2 weekends but they all agree the consideration is for only one year until they know the out come...

But the Noff chimes in about dead Presidents... He's talking about major law firms and their partners who are affected by the traffic and have to shut down their firms.

Vice Chair Sarnoff: -- some of these people are major stakeholders, and they don't expect me to
disclose who they are, and they expect me to do exactly what I'm doing. And, you know, I
listened to what Brian is saying. I mean, I know exactly the position of Miami Center. I know
exactly the position of InterContinental. I have not refuted anything he's said because he's been
very careful in what he's said. And I'm not going to kid you; I think he could come to an
accommodation with them, and I think it involves a great many dead presidents and I think they
would be satisfied because, you know, they candidly said to me,
Can you stop this? And I said I
can only provide one vote. I can only say what my position is. So I'm going to honor their
request. I'm going to honor what they've said to me. You know, in my heart of hearts, I think I'm
doing the right thing. I think Carollo, in his heart of hearts, thinks he's doing the right thing. I
don't take any animus towards him at all. I completely understand what he's doing. I've been in
his shoes before at the Bayfront Trust.
The Honky Tonk Man
Retired Club Legend

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby The Honky Tonk Man on 08 Jan 2013 12:31

I'll sum it up for you peeps.

UMF for two days will 99.999999% happen. The Noff is trying to squeeze money and accommodations out of UMF for his boys in big law...

Cash rules everything around me...

Nothing to see here, keep moving, UMF is a go for two days. The traffic issue is moot, the report is 499 pages long, no one will read that bs..

CL
The Honky Tonk Man
Retired Club Legend

Postby trogers on 08 Jan 2013 12:42

The Honky Tonk Man wrote:I'll sum it up for you peeps.

UMF for two days will 99.999999% happen. The Noff is trying to squeeze money and accommodations out of UMF for his boys in big law...

Nothing to see here, keep moving, UMF is a go for two days. The traffic issue is moot, the report is 499 pages long, no one will read that bs..

CL

isn't the issue for 6 days?

or did you mean 2 weekends?
trogers

Postby The Honky Tonk Man on 08 Jan 2013 13:26

trogers wrote:
The Honky Tonk Man wrote:I'll sum it up for you peeps.

Nothing to see here, keep moving, UMF is a go for two weekends. The traffic issue is moot, the report is 499 pages long, no one will read that bs..

CL

isn't the issue for 6 days?

or did you mean 2 weekends?

fixed...
The Honky Tonk Man
Retired Club Legend

Postby pod on 08 Jan 2013 13:31

The Noff brings up some valid points. Biscayne and Downtown are a mess from a traffic standpoint. The fact is, moving forward, the City needs to invest in massive infrastructure upgrades to make everything come together, regardless of whether it is an Ultra-sized music festival, a Heat game, or a major concert at the AAA or Bayfront. It needs to be a combination of renovating the roads as well as investing in public transport. I'm a big fan of the park and ride concept. Urban sprawl is what it is, you can't undo it at this point, people live way out in the burbs, it is a fact. I'd love to see a "mini Metro-North" style system, where people drive to satellite lots and get transported in via a train/Metromover network. Half the issue is, is that people avoid public transit since what is there is inconsistent. The County halfheartedly encourages park and ride with $4.00/day lots in South Miami and somewhere on the northern part of the Metrorail line, but that only works if you live near there and work near a Metro stop.

Bringing it back to Ultra though, they need to make some decisions about the future of their festival. They need to either be content with the millions they are already making, or if they intend on making more money, they need to move it out west or up to Broward. Ultra isn't really dependent on location anymore. With prior notice you could throw it in Broward and still get 250K people to show up. The only crucial factor for Ultra is the timing, it has to happen in March in South Florida.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Postby coach on 08 Jan 2013 17:49

Okay, first of all, the first thing the Ultra kids should have done is have a sit down with all of the city officials and make all nicey-nice so shit like this doesn't happen. It really isn't that hard. Not only should they not have these issues, they should have the whole freaking city officialdom backing them because of the amount of people this brings. I mean, we are a city built on tourism and this is a big damn draw. That would be like Miami Beach kicking Boat Show in the balls. But, that is on the Ultra people for not properly stroking the right egos.

Second of all, until they burn the AAA down to the ground and move it to the fucking west side of bumfuck, I do not want to hear ANYBODY complain about issues with Ultra. Seems like every fucking time I try to drive downtown, some idiot sports game is going on or some jackclown artist is performing and I end up stuck in traffic for a fucking hour. 6 days of bad traffic from one massive festival is nothing compared to the shitstorm the AAA creates.
coach

Purpose of your visit?: Get real
What do you do?

Postby LennyMauricio on 08 Jan 2013 22:30

It's all good.... with the sell of these new era limited edition ultra hats they'll be able to bribe off anyone... :)

LennyMauricio

Purpose of your visit?: Learning about my Night Life Local Community

Postby Color_Swatch on 08 Jan 2013 23:12

LennyMauricio wrote:It's all good.... with the sell of these new era limited edition ultra hats they'll be able to bribe off anyone... :)

Is that a pool table those hats are laying on?
Color_Swatch

Purpose of your visit?: Information

Postby SWANK on 09 Jan 2013 02:22

They should just move this event to Broward...or to a fairground that can hold the event. We all know that the Miami skyline is more important to this event than we might want to admit but....it's time!
SWANK

Purpose of your visit?: .
:::house music is a spiritual thing:::

Postby pod on 09 Jan 2013 02:41

SWANK wrote:They should just move this event to Broward...or to a fairground that can hold the event. We all know that the Miami skyline is more important to this event than we might want to admit but....it's time!

That's what I've been saying. Ultra only depends on the time of year and being in South Florida. Their fan base doesn't cross over too much with the club events during WMC. The kids don't go to the club events and the club people don't go to Ultra, typically. And it's not a huge problem to have the usual fleet of cars and limos drive the talent up to a fairground in Broward.

EDC is held 30 miles outside of Vegas, and is twice the size of Ultra, and they manage to take care of the talent and attract a crowd just fine.
pod
Kaptain Kook

PreviousNext

Return to talk about Nightlife