Miami night club news from the source

60 Minutes does Art Basel

A frank discussion about night clubs, bars, music festivals, art events, and lounges.

Moderator: pod

Postby JMT on 29 Jun 2016 11:53

Re: 60 Minutes does Art Basel

TechJunkie wrote:After a thousand women were sexually assaulted in Cologne on New Year's, this woman staged a performance / protest where she stood naked with a sign that said:

Respect Us! We are not fair game even when naked!!!

Hey, that one actually makes sense. Good execution by her.

TechJunkie wrote:There is a lot more to Western values than resisting the urge to rape and behead people. It reminds me of how the most outspoken homophobe almost always turns out to be gay, the way that you obsess with condemning Muslim rapefugees for disrespecting women when you have no respect for them yourself.

hahahaha
JMT

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby coach on 29 Jun 2016 11:56

JMT wrote:The "art" is stupid from a logic standpoint

This is an hilarious statement.
coach

Purpose of your visit?: Get real
What do you do?

Postby JMT on 29 Jun 2016 11:59

Coach, how did Life is Art get my email address?
JMT

Postby coach on 29 Jun 2016 12:04

JMT wrote:Coach, how did Life is Art get my email address?

No clue. You must have signed up at some point? I don't even think I have your email address, personally. We use a double-confirmation method, so you not only have to sign up, but then you get a confirmation email where you have to click the link to confirm. We literally cannot auto-signup someone, like you can with Mailchimp or Constant Contact because our list managing software does not allow it. This means our list is a lot smaller than some others, but much cleaner. People really, really have to want to be on it. If you are on the list and want off, just go here and unsubscribe - lifeisartfest.org/email-list
coach

Purpose of your visit?: Get real
What do you do?

Postby pod on 29 Jun 2016 12:08

TechJunkie wrote:
You know as well as I do that Europe has a long tradition of nude female political protests. You've heard of Фемен just like I have. I suppose that you and JMT were just as offended by Pussy Riot as Putin and the Islamists were? You think that Europeans should stifle a tradition of free expression like that for the benefit of prudish Muslims who can't handle it? Shouldn't you be encouraging mass topless demonstrations simply on the grounds that they would offend Muslims and assert Western values?

Clothed or unclothed, I could care less. Fly naked down Biscayne Boulevard suspended from a helicopter while tossing dildos and and cans of Iron Brew down upon the people. Not my problem.

March through "Little Riyadh" (if there's such a thing) naked while hurling go-cups full of vodka at people. Fine by me. I wouldn't advise it though for safety reasons.

However, just know that outside of the "safe spaces", some people might react negatively, and you gotta take that into account. This lady is free to do what she wants. I just hope she understands there's a risk and plans accordingly.

As for the sixth-wave line - have a beer and lighten up.

Then again I suspect if we "lightened up" around here, the board would crawl to a halt.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Founder of the Minton Yacht Club.

Раз, два, три!

Postby JMT on 30 Jun 2016 09:59

JMT

Postby pod on 30 Jun 2016 10:47

pod
Kaptain Kook

Founder of the Minton Yacht Club.

Раз, два, три!

Postby TechJunkie on 30 Jun 2016 11:36

Let me know when that guy's drug trip evokes any responses that illustrate differing perspectives on sexual self-determination or patriarchy or Islamophobia or something.
TechJunkie
Chief Quartermaster Officer

I had a dream last night I was piloting a plane
and all the passengers were drunk and insane.

Postby JMT on 30 Jun 2016 11:46

It's clearly a statement about male sexual self-determination as it relates to Donald Trump's indifference to wealth inequality. Good art.
JMT

Postby TechJunkie on 30 Jun 2016 13:39

A statement is different from a response, isn't it?
TechJunkie
Chief Quartermaster Officer

I had a dream last night I was piloting a plane
and all the passengers were drunk and insane.

PreviousNext

Return to talk about Nightlife