Miami night club news from the source

Come on people....

A frank discussion about night clubs, bars, music festivals, art events, and lounges.

Moderator: pod

Postby pod on 20 Dec 2007 11:47

Re: Come on people....

I can second what both Ryans said. :)

I've always told people that if you don't like what someone says on a forum, it's really easy to ignore them. Even the most primitive forum software (YaBB even) has an ignore feature. For whatever reason, on whatever board, no one chooses to use it.

In some cases though, the conversations look a little disjointed when the feature is used.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Founder of the Minton Yacht Club.

Раз, два, три!

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby Ryan on 20 Dec 2007 12:06

pod wrote:For whatever reason, on whatever board, no one chooses to use it.

That's because deep down, everybody secretly loves drama.
Ryan
Chief Quartermaster Officer

"A discriminating irreverence is the creator and protector of human liberty."
Mark Twain

Postby pod on 20 Dec 2007 12:12

We have a winner!

No matter how high and mighty any of you guys get, admit it, you love it when anyone stirs the pot, be it Dade, HTM, or even a techno-kid bitch fight.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Founder of the Minton Yacht Club.

Раз, два, три!

Postby coach on 20 Dec 2007 14:06

apotheosis wrote:or, you could just choose not to be so easily offended.

Fuck you, you fucking fuck. And you still owe me a drink.
coach

Purpose of your visit?: Get real
What do you do?

Postby coach on 20 Dec 2007 14:16

Seriously, though. I guess it really depends on which way you want to go. If you want the assholes like me, then set that tone. If, on the other hand, you would like to also attract the nicer folks like Nicole, then you need to set that tone.
coach

What do you do?

Postby Tecnicole on 20 Dec 2007 17:39

OK coach, you are probably the furthest thing from an asshole that I have met (at least by Miami standards). Hopefully I haven't blown your cover. :P

Thank you Dan and Ryan for so graciously answering my questions. I was half expecting to get chewed out for "speaking" my mind.

And it is NOT that I am easily offended. Even though I do try to stay as positive as possible, I can take it as well as occasionally dish it. However, I draw the line at hatred and bigotry. It is as simple as that. I have my belief system, and it works for me. It is ironic to me that the only place I am made fun of for my outlook and attitude is on these online forums.

Postby funky monkey on 20 Dec 2007 17:49

dancefloored wrote:ditto to what musicalmissionary said at the beginning of this thread

and happy thursday to all

its a pleasure to be browsing new land

look forward to my arrival in FL in the next few days

party on!

WHOOT WHOOT!!! for the return of the Fire Marshall!!! :D

Hope I get to see you while your'e here!!
funky monkey

"No one can do everything, but everyone can do something."

Postby Trancepriest on 20 Dec 2007 22:23

I remember when I first started posting on CJ. It was solely because of Saleens racism.. well his and a few others. The only reason why I stayed on there was to have a counter voice... now I don't really give a fuck. Forums usually get too slimy... better I spend my time compiling mplayer to play .evo files with eac3 audio. The forums got me jaded. I do think that CJ used Saleen to help the site grow and in so doing... why wouldn't talknightlife?

That type of talk on CJ poisoned the forums and radicalized users in ideological camps. Definitely not the type of thing a nightlife entertainment site should tolerate. Saleen should have been banned from CJ... 4 years ago. If the same crap continues on here... I'll use my time for more productive activities.

We are all veterans of the forums.. simply because of this.. a divergence from the old tired conversations is in order.
Trancepriest

Postby coach on 21 Dec 2007 12:59

NicoleC wrote:I can take it as well as occasionally dish it.

This certainly corroborates with the rumors I have heard.
coach

What do you do?

Postby Tecnicole on 21 Dec 2007 13:05

coach wrote:
NicoleC wrote:I can take it as well as occasionally dish it.

This certainly corroborates with the rumors I have heard.

Hah! Now I am curious to know what you've heard.

I think I've been told all the recent rumors, but so far none of them are true. I am pretty much an open book (too open as I was told last night), so except for the occasional hater there usually isn't much need for rumors. LOL

PreviousNext

Return to talk about Nightlife