Miami night club news from the source

Alcohol Ban; City to Lose Billions, with no crime reduction

A frank discussion about night clubs, bars, music festivals, art events, and lounges.

Moderator: pod

Postby Wayne S. Noches on 28 Sep 2017 12:49

Alcohol Ban; City to Lose Billions, with no crime reduction

Miami Beach Mayor Philip Levine believes the change will result in a lower crime rate for the city, but a study prepared by economic consultants Fishkind & Associates paints a different picture.

It said that the alcohol ban won't reduce crime and will have a "dramatic, negative impact on the economy of Miami Beach and significant consequences for the city's budget."
More
Wayne S. Noches

Purpose of your visit?: News
Dogs...can you hear me, Dogs?

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby pod on 28 Sep 2017 13:34

Re: Alcohol Ban; City to Lose Billions, with no crime reduct

Ha ha.

If they can serve and make money at 4 AM, 4 PM, or any other time of the day, let 'em open up. Deal with crimes as they come along. That's what the cops are there for, right?
pod
Kaptain Kook

Founder of the Minton Yacht Club.

Раз, два, три!

Postby benm3 on 29 Sep 2017 05:06

For the simple fact that 2AM laws are highly contagious and will soon spread to the rest of Miami Beach and lock everything down to 2, I can't support this.

I say this recognizing that Ocean Drive is terrible and tourists who only happen to spend time there will have all the reason in the world to never come back to Miami Beach again.

Ocean Drive needs a "reboot" more than anything, but this isn't the way to do it :|
benm3

Postby pod on 29 Sep 2017 07:12

Yep. Bad ideas like this are contagious. The city won't stop at Ocean Drive. Again, if you can serve at 6 AM and make money, good for you.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Раз, два, три!

Postby LeVeL on 29 Sep 2017 15:11

I actually like Mayor Levine. The guy has stepped up big-time over the past two months and I can see the guy going after a Florida Senator or Florida Governor position in the future.

But, this idea right here is terrible.
LeVeL

Right-Wingers gonna Hate

Postby coach on 06 Oct 2017 16:36

Stupid stupid idea. Vote no.

You want to cut down on the mayhem? 1) More security. 2) Better enforcement. and 3) stop serving those fucking stupid 72 ounce shit drinks. Also, raise prices across the board.

Or, just let it be fucking mayhem. Who cares? Let the tourists go crazy and spend their money. I mean, it's not like anyone actually lives on Ocean in that area.

Of course, like anything, this is all motivated by special interests who are specifically targeting certain venues for the benefit of said special interests. Basically, some venues are jealous of the success of other venues and want to put the hurt on them.

Aside from that, I really think this is a ploy by Levine to crush the businesses on Ocean Drive, drive the property values down, and then he and his developer buddies can come in and buy it up on the cheap.
coach

Purpose of your visit?: Get real
What do you do?

Postby pod on 06 Oct 2017 17:16

coach wrote:
Aside from that, I really think this is a ploy by Levine to crush the businesses on Ocean Drive, drive the property values down, and then he and his developer buddies can come in and buy it up on the cheap.

Yep. It's like over here where the only people bitching about the noise are the ones who stand to benefit if the government shuts the clubs down by force.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Раз, два, три!

Postby coach on 22 Nov 2017 14:11

So, now we CRUSHED this shit one more time, can we be done with it? This is at least the 3rd or 4th time people have tried to impose early hours and each time it gets crushed. This time it went down by a 2-to-1 vote. That's enough.

I would really love to see the voting stats by precinct to see where the naysayers actually come from.
coach

Purpose of your visit?: Get real
What do you do?

Postby pod on 22 Nov 2017 17:38

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance against those who wish to usurp you of it.

The naysayers will be around next time it's convenient for them to make a big deal of it.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Раз, два, три!

Return to talk about Nightlife