Miami night club news from the source

RIP Chris Cornell

A frank discussion about night clubs, bars, music festivals, art events, and lounges.

Moderator: pod

Postby pod on 18 May 2017 05:38

RIP Chris Cornell

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/news/c ... d-aged-52/

Wow...
phpBB [media]

My favorite piece by him.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Founder of the Minton Yacht Club.

Раз, два, три!

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby LeVeL on 18 May 2017 08:58

Re: RIP Chris Cornell

I am surprised by this death. I thought he would be one of the guys that would not see an early death.

My favorite lead singers from the grunge era were always Chris Cornell and Scott Weiland. The Rock Scene doesn't produce lead singers like Chris Cornell anymore. Its a shame both have died within a years time

R.I.P. Chris Cornell
LeVeL

Right-Wingers gonna Hate

Postby pod on 18 May 2017 12:30

Out of all the Seattle guys, he seemed to have his head on straight and wasn't known for excessive partying, etc...

I think everyone is surprised...
pod
Kaptain Kook

Founder of the Minton Yacht Club.

Раз, два, три!

Postby LeVeL on 18 May 2017 13:16

pod wrote:Out of all the Seattle guys, he seemed to have his head on straight and wasn't known for excessive partying, etc...

I think everyone is surprised...

I believe Eddie Vedder is the only front man from the Grunge era to still be alive, I think
LeVeL

Right-Wingers gonna Hate

Postby davenavarro on 18 May 2017 13:23

You're right Level. Eddie Vedder is the last man standing. Not only did the World lose one of the greatest Rock singers of our time, but 3 children lost their father. R.I.P. Chris Cornell. You will be greatly missed, but remembered forever.
davenavarro

Purpose of your visit?: My Real Name is Sergio

Postby Michael^Heaven on 19 May 2017 00:55

Re:

Sad news! Definitely a shocker.

phpBB [media]

^Still one of my favorite albums to date.
Michael^Heaven

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.

Postby JMT on 19 May 2017 10:02

RIP

phpBB [media]
JMT

Postby coach on 22 May 2017 12:11

When you read about what he was going through, this should not be a surprise at all. You listen to his songs, even, and it couldn't have been a surprise. I mean, Grunge was born out of depression, so it should not be a surprise that so few are left (Personally, I still blame Seattle's eternally gloomy weather for Grunge music.). He sang about all sorts of issues, so how could people not know? Go back and listen to his lyrics.

From the stories I read, it sounds like he was having an especially bad day and took too many anti-depression meds, which had the reverse effect. Depression is a deadly disease and does not get the attention it should.

I know the feeling. I'm on anti-depression prescriptions and I have to be really careful. There are some bad days I really want to take more than my prescribed dosage, but I realize that could be end up deadly, so instead, I just struggle through. But, I can understand, if he had a concert that night and he had to be really "up" for it, how he could have decided that he needed an extra boost. Unfortunately, these drugs can have bad side-effects.

Hopefully, the good that will come out of this is to raise awareness about depression and maybe even remove some of the stigma around it so that people who suffer from it can open up about it and get better help. That stigma kills, people.
coach

Purpose of your visit?: Get real
What do you do?

Return to talk about Nightlife