Miami night club news from the source

Milo reviews Ghostbusters.

Kardashians, Lohans, J-Laws, Johanssons, the Fappening, and more...

Moderator: TechJunkie

Postby pod on 18 Jul 2016 12:35

Milo reviews Ghostbusters.

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/07/1 ... stbusters/

The overarching problem with Ghostbusters is that the script is a greater abomination to God than any of the demons and ghosts in the franchise. I’m sure they could have done a worse job, but they’d have to study Tobin’s Spirit Guide to summon a script from an even deeper circle of Hell.

Mostly, it’s a lack of intelligence. In the original movie, the bad guys weren’t actually the ghosts — everybody loves Slimer and the Marshmallow Man. No, the bad guys were the clueless bureaucrats in the government, who set off a supernatural crisis through bumbling and red tape.

In this film, by contrast, the enemy is all men, while the government ends up playing dad. Every man in the movie is a combination of malevolent and moronic. The chick ‘busters shame the mayor so much they end up getting government funding at the end. Like all feminists, they can only survive by sucking on the teat of Big Government.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Founder of the Minton Yacht Club.

Раз, два, три!

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby JMT on 18 Jul 2016 19:24

Re: Milo reviews Ghostbusters.

Greatest movie review I've ever seen.
JMT

Postby coach on 19 Jul 2016 14:06

I knew it was going to be bad.
coach

Purpose of your visit?: Get real
What do you do?

Postby pod on 19 Jul 2016 14:48

coach wrote:I knew it was going to be bad.

"Bigot!"
pod
Kaptain Kook

Раз, два, три!

Postby pod on 10 Aug 2016 14:59

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/g ... uel-918515

Sony hardly is alone in suffering from audience rejection of sequels this summer. But film chief Tom Rothman and his team, along with partner Village Roadshow, had high hopes for launching a live-action Ghostbusters "universe." Now they are preparing for steep losses (think $70 million-plus) and an uncertain future for the franchise.

Shaming people and screaming "Bigot!" isn't always good business. It tends to alienate the audience.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Раз, два, три!

Postby TechJunkie on 10 Aug 2016 16:34

pod wrote:
coach wrote:I knew it was going to be bad.

"Bigot!"

Haha again. You have that act down I love it.
TechJunkie
Chief Quartermaster Officer

I had a dream last night I was piloting a plane
and all the passengers were drunk and insane.

Postby LeVeL on 12 Aug 2016 11:54

I have yet to see the movie to provide my own opinion, but they certainly went overboard by making all the members female. Nothing against the ladies, but it would be the equivalent of making a Charlies Angels reboot with male characters.

Maybe incorporating one or two female members into Ghostbusters would have helped the franchise and made it easier for audiences to accept the reboot.
LeVeL

Right-Wingers gonna Hate

Postby TechJunkie on 12 Aug 2016 12:10

There is apparently an all-female Oceans 11 coming soon also?

Nobody complained about the first Ghostbusters or the first Oceans 11 being all-male.
TechJunkie
Chief Quartermaster Officer

I had a dream last night I was piloting a plane
and all the passengers were drunk and insane.

Postby pod on 12 Aug 2016 14:48

If you are going to have a "girl power" movie - why not develop an original franchise rather than piggybacking on something else? A squad of misfit female Marines gets deployed to the sandbox and raises hell, the brass be damned? A squad of all-female space cadets repulses a Martian invasion? I don't know.

That being said - prior things involving girl power with original storylines which did quite well.

Metroid video game universe. Sorry to spoil the surprise, but that's a girl under the space armor.

Tomb Raider, both the movies and games. Yeah yeah she wasn't dressed for the mission but whatever.

Stranger Things. The most powerful lead character is a 12 year old girl.

Ripping off a male franchise for the purposes of propaganda is lazy and does nothing. Even without Milo's review, the new Ghostbusters would have tanked miserably.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Раз, два, три!

Postby coach on 16 Aug 2016 09:46

TechJunkie wrote:There is apparently an all-female Oceans 11 coming soon also?

Nobody complained about the first Ghostbusters or the first Oceans 11 being all-male.

I did. It's so fucking lame. I feel like they make all-male buddy-boy movies like that because nobody in the writing team has the cajones to talk to a woman, so they imagine that nobody else can, either. I am SO disrespectful of dudes who mainly hang out with dudes. Where I'm from, we call those losers.
coach

Purpose of your visit?: Get real
What do you do?

Next

Return to talk about Celebrity