Miami night club news from the source

Everest (2015)

Kardashians, Lohans, J-Laws, Johanssons, the Fappening, and more...

Moderator: TechJunkie

Postby JMT on 20 Jun 2016 11:54

Everest (2015)

Well-made re-telling of the tragic 1996 expedition. I find mountain climbing fascinating. From what I have read, it's pretty accurate to what happened. From a purely visual standpoint, also one of the better, if not the best, mountain climbing movie.

A

JMT

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby LeVeL on 22 Jun 2016 09:30

Re: Everest (2015)

Had a chance to catch the last hour of the flick and it was heartbreaking. It had a very good cast too.
LeVeL

Right-Wingers gonna Hate

Postby coach on 24 Jun 2016 14:31

Is this the one where to postman decides to go climb it and then gets into trouble?
coach

Purpose of your visit?: Get real
What do you do?

Postby JMT on 24 Jun 2016 15:32

Yes. Along with a few others.

It's also somewhat about the early days of the commercialization of Everest. It used to be only for elite climbers, but then tourist-climbers could get in on the action as long as they pony up for a guide. While it seems like that might have "ruined" Everest, there is still something intriguing about people overcoming incredible obstacles.
JMT

Postby coach on 27 Jun 2016 11:21

I saw the previews and I just kept hoping he died in the end.

The previews made him out to be a completely self-centered asshole who did not care about his family or his comrades. From the previews it looked like he was some stupid normal dude who needed to prove his peepee was not as small as it was so he goes off to face near certain death, leaving his family with no decent future. When he does almost die, he puts all of his comrades' and helpers' lives at stake to save him. At least that's what I got from the previews.

Just read the Wiki summary. Glad to see it had a happy ending.
coach

Purpose of your visit?: Get real
What do you do?

Postby JMT on 27 Jun 2016 13:30

Not sure what preview that was but the mailman was just one person in the group. (Spoiler alert, if anyone plans on watching it) He dies. The main characters in the movie (all based on real people) are the two expedition guides, and 4 of their customers. If there was an asshole in the group it was probably the doctor, although he seems to undergo an epiphany of sorts.
JMT

Return to talk about Celebrity