Miami night club news from the source

Batman V. Superman, I Told Ya So

Kardashians, Lohans, J-Laws, Johanssons, the Fappening, and more...

Moderator: TechJunkie

Postby coach on 31 Mar 2016 19:14

Batman V. Superman, I Told Ya So

So I heard it was just as bad as I predicted, or maybe even worse. Haven't seen it, yet, but I plan to this weekend. Any reviews from you guys?
coach

Purpose of your visit?: Get real
What do you do?

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby davenavarro on 01 Apr 2016 15:29

Re: Batman V. Superman, I Told Ya So

I saw the movie last week and didn't think it was anywhere as horrible as the critics have been saying. Was it the greatest comic book movie I've ever seen? No, it wasn't. I do think that it should have been a lot better considering that the movie centers on two of the best known Superheroes of all time. My main complaints about the movie were Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor (I thought his performance was horrible), and the fact that the movie is all over the place. Snyder jumps to three or four different locations within the first 30- 40 minutes of the movie, and it's very disorganized. I have nothing but praise for Ben Affleck though. He may not be my favorite Batman (that honor goes to Christian Bale), but he did a great job playing Batman/Bruce Wayne.
davenavarro

Purpose of your visit?: My Real Name is Sergio

Postby LeVeL on 04 Apr 2016 09:19

I liked the movie a lot. Ben Affleck actually did a decent job playing Batman too.

I never really got into the comics, but went to the theater not expecting much and walked away really pleased. The movie was 2 1/2 hours and I didn't even feel it. In my opinion the critics got it wrong
LeVeL

Right-Wingers gonna Hate

Postby davenavarro on 04 Apr 2016 18:31

I'm surprised that you enjoyed the movie Level. I thought that you were going to say that you hated it, and that it sucked.
davenavarro

Postby coach on 16 Apr 2016 12:45

Well, I finally went and saw it last night, and I have to admit, I was pleasantly surprised. It was waaaay better than I expected. I mean, I was expecting a -1000 on a scale of 1 to 10, so the bar was really, really low, but I would give it a solid 6.5 or 7.

The casting and directing on Luthor was terrible, just could not have been worse. Luthor is not some simpering lunatic with public speaking issues, he is an epic megalomaniacal genius.

The music was also weird and stupid, but I mostly ignored it.

But, the actual plotline was not too bad and the interaction between B & S was fairly well done.

Of course, once again, the previews completely misled us about what the movie was really about. This is getting to be a real annoying habit of Hollywood of basically lying in their previews. How can I tell if I want to go to a movie if the previews have nothing to do with the actual movie storyline?

Obviously, WW stole the show. Well cast, well characterized, well played, she was actually a real super-hero, of the reluctant variety.

Somehow, even though it has been out for a while, I was completely unprepared for the surprise ending. Of course, I *should* have seen it coming, considering who the villain was, but I did not.

I finally figured out one thing about the DC movies that really annoys me, though. A friend and I were discussing them the other day, and he was the one that pointed it out. A big difference between Marvel movies and DC movies is that Marvel makes movies like they are planning to make a lot of them, DC makes movies like this is their last movie ever.

Marvel assumes it is going to have several movies for a given franchise/storyline, so they take their time doing character development, they take their time developing the bad guys.

DC always seems to think this is the ZOMGLASTMOVIEEVAR, so they have to stuff EEEEEEEEEEEEverything into one movie. Of course, as bad as all their movies are, they could be right, but if they quit acting like that, then they would have to worry less. It's like a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I mean, why did they have to stuff Frank Miller's Dark Knight Returns storyline AND The Death of Superman/Doomsday storyline AND the debut of Wonder Woman AND the lead in for the Justice League all in one movie? They could have broken that out into at least two or three. It's just a mess.

Anyway, other than that, pretty good movie.
coach

What do you do?

Postby davenavarro on 16 Apr 2016 18:29

Wow Coach. I'm surprised that you also liked the movie. I agree that Jess Eisenberg did a pretty crappy job with Lex Luthor. His performance could've been pretty good if Zack Snyder just told him to tone it down a little. I also agree with you that DC shouldn't have tried to cram so many different comic book storylines into one movie. They way the movie ended was horrible considering that Superman is still not fully embraced and seen as a hero by humanity in this movie. I think that ending would have made more sense at the end of the Justice League movie. Even though the movie isn't great I don't understand how critics have torn it to shreds. I saw a movie about a week ago called Hardcore Henry which was complete crap, and that movie has gotten better reviews than Dawn of Justice.
Last edited by davenavarro on 12 Jun 2017 17:53, edited 1 time in total.
davenavarro

Postby coach on 19 Apr 2016 11:53

davenavarro wrote:Wow Coach. I'm surprised that you also liked the movie.

Dude, there was NObody more surprised than me!

I am still pissed that they misrepresented the storyline so much in the previews. I hate it when they do that.
coach

What do you do?

Postby JMT on 17 Jan 2017 11:29

This movie is a nearly unwatchable, over-produced, steaming pile of CGI dog shit. And yes, Eisenberg was terrible. The guy can only play a cocky nerd. He has zero range.

I'll be generous and give it a D.
JMT

Postby LeVeL on 15 Feb 2017 13:17

JMT wrote: And yes, Eisenberg was terrible. The guy can only play a cocky nerd. He has zero range.

I'll be generous and give it a D.

I agree Eisenberg is a terrible actor.
LeVeL

Right-Wingers gonna Hate

Return to talk about Celebrity