Miami night club news from the source

VICELAND

Kardashians, Lohans, J-Laws, Johanssons, the Fappening, and more...

Moderator: TechJunkie

Postby TechJunkie on 05 Apr 2016 18:52

Re: VICELAND

pod wrote:ABB is shit.

Yes it is. All of their traffic goes through one cable. A car hit a pole about a year ago and knocked all of Miami Beach offline for a day.
TechJunkie
Chief Quartermaster Officer

I had a dream last night I was piloting a plane
and all the passengers were drunk and insane.

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby norah on 06 Apr 2016 10:13

TechJunkie wrote:
norah wrote:I don't have any issues here in NJ. I love their programming!

Must be a FL-duh thing.

You had to log in to the app with your cable provider, yes? Or you watch it on cable?

If it's in your cable package then you don't have a problem. But how many of the young people they're trying to reach pay for an extended cable package? Seems like it's doomed to fail as long as it's set up like it is.

I found episodes on Youtube and my cable package offers Viceland.
norah

Purpose of your visit?: Banter

Postby TechJunkie on 06 Apr 2016 10:28

The first episode of each show is free, and on YouTube and etc. The rest is only available to people with cable subscriptions. Even HBO has an app for people without cable subscriptions. But of course nobody would put money into a Viceland app.

They need sponsors and they need to make it available for free to the kid in his dorm watching from his phone or else it's not going to work. Their shows are all very low-budget. It can be done.
TechJunkie

Postby norah on 06 Apr 2016 10:41

TechJunkie wrote:The first episode of each show is free, and on YouTube and etc. The rest is only available to people with cable subscriptions. Even HBO has an app for people without cable subscriptions. But of course nobody would put money into a Viceland app.

They need sponsors and they need to make it available for free to the kid in his dorm watching from his phone or else it's not going to work. Their shows are all very low-budget. It can be done.

Yeah I hear you.
Viceland is fairly new though. I want to say maybe a few months that I noticed them on cable. I really like their HBO specials.
norah

Purpose of your visit?: Banter

Postby coach on 06 Apr 2016 11:34

TechJunkie wrote:
pod wrote:ABB is shit.

Yes it is. All of their traffic goes through one cable. A car hit a pole about a year ago and knocked all of Miami Beach offline for a day.

And Emperor Levine promised over and over and over that he would have the Commission take a look at that monopoly. Meanwhile, he is too busy assfucking us on the convention center and squandering money on raising roads to do anything about it.
coach

Purpose of your visit?: Get real
What do you do?

Postby pod on 06 Apr 2016 13:35

I remember when we had the 420 office I considered Towerstream (or whatever it is called now) but it proved cost-prohibitive.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Founder of the Minton Yacht Club.

Раз, два, три!

Postby LeVeL on 08 Apr 2016 13:03

pod wrote:I remember when we had the 420 office I considered Towerstream (or whatever it is called now) but it proved cost-prohibitive.

I had many issues with Towerstream. Any time there was a thunderstorm, cloud, heavy rains or a construction crane near by the connection would be lost.

I understand that Atlantic Broadband provides horrible service, but I would not recommend Towerstream to anyone unless you live in a rural area.
LeVeL

Right-Wingers gonna Hate

Postby TechJunkie on 08 Apr 2016 13:51

Atlantic drops packets when lightning strikes. Back when we used to get video content through cable instead of Internet, we would get glitches in the TiVo recordings from lightning strikes. A second or two of lost audio and scrambled video at just the wrong times in the recordings. That drove me to the Internet instead. That's why the Viceland business model is so frustrating. I cut my cable subscription down to the minimum because cable is a stupid communication medium. Because of that I can't get Viceland through an Internet connection. Idiotic.
TechJunkie

Postby LeVeL on 12 Apr 2016 11:20

The episode of Noisey Las Vegas was very well made. I believe the TNL Establishment would enjoy this episode very much.

phpBB [media]
LeVeL

Right-Wingers gonna Hate

Postby coach on 12 Apr 2016 12:21

So, it turns out that Atlantic Broadband does carry Vice. Total shocker.

I checked out a bit of a show this morning. It was sort of an investigative story show called Vice something-or-other. They were doing an investigative report on an entrapment program that a California police department did on a local school system, "busting" a "drug ring" that basically consisted of high schoolers who did a little pot and were cajoled by the police into selling it to undercover cops. The show had a very Youtube-Millenial look to it. The reporter was in a t-shirt and jeans. It felt like it was shot with a hand-held iPhone. Very conversational.

The commercial break cut-scenes and self-ads had a very "Adult Swim" feel to them.
coach

Purpose of your visit?: Get real
What do you do?

PreviousNext

Return to talk about Celebrity