Miami night club news from the source

VICELAND

Kardashians, Lohans, J-Laws, Johanssons, the Fappening, and more...

Moderator: TechJunkie

Postby TechJunkie on 12 Apr 2016 15:05

Re: VICELAND

coach wrote:So, it turns out that Atlantic Broadband does carry Vice. Total shocker.

Only on the "Premier" cable package.
TechJunkie
Chief Quartermaster Officer

I had a dream last night I was piloting a plane
and all the passengers were drunk and insane.

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby LeVeL on 12 Apr 2016 17:03

TechJunkie wrote:
coach wrote:So, it turns out that Atlantic Broadband does carry Vice. Total shocker.

Dude, stop being cheap. Aren't you rich or something?

Can't you ask your pal Pod for some dollars.
LeVeL

Right-Wingers gonna Hate

Postby norah on 15 Apr 2016 15:43

Vice Media goes gonzo on the news. Advertisers may be a different story.

With its swaggering reporting style and frank, no-gore-withheld videos from global trouble spots, Vice Media has become one of the brightest stars of the digital-news age. Starting as a counterculture magazine in Montreal in the early 1990s, Vice has morphed into an international multimedia colossus, with an HBO documentary series, a book and record division, an ad agency, and multiple websites that attract nearly 60 million unique visitors a month. This week it debuted its own cable channel .

But there’s another side to Vice’s pace-setting journalism and dramatic business rise. At times, the company has blurred the lines between reporting and advertising. It has removed or altered some of its work after advertisers complained that the material put them in an unflattering light. On at least two occasions, it wove documentary footage into promotions for advertisers. In another instance, a months-long investigative project was killed, apparently out of concern about its effect on a major sponsor.

http://wapo.st/23CArrX
norah

Purpose of your visit?: Banter

Postby LeVeL on 15 Apr 2016 16:07

norah wrote:Image

Vice Media goes gonzo on the news. Advertisers may be a different story.

With its swaggering reporting style and frank, no-gore-withheld videos from global trouble spots, Vice Media has become one of the brightest stars of the digital-news age. Starting as a counterculture magazine in Montreal in the early 1990s, Vice has morphed into an international multimedia colossus, with an HBO documentary series, a book and record division, an ad agency, and multiple websites that attract nearly 60 million unique visitors a month. This week it debuted its own cable channel .

But there’s another side to Vice’s pace-setting journalism and dramatic business rise. At times, the company has blurred the lines between reporting and advertising. It has removed or altered some of its work after advertisers complained that the material put them in an unflattering light. On at least two occasions, it wove documentary footage into promotions for advertisers. In another instance, a months-long investigative project was killed, apparently out of concern about its effect on a major sponsor.

http://wapo.st/23CArrX

This is one of the things that worry me about VICELAND. A&E and Roger Media are the one's backing the channel in the United States and Canada. I can imagine their corporate sponsors have been complaining about the stories, documentary and shows that VICELAND has been airing. Maybe even forcing the network to scale back on things.

If sponsors are able to influence such news networks like CNN, FOX NEWS, MSNBC and others, what makes one believe they wont do it with VICELAND.
LeVeL

Right-Wingers gonna Hate

Postby pod on 15 Apr 2016 16:44

Wow. VICE prides itself on it's "journalism". It's bad enough they have a leftist political bias, but now it's (unsurprisingly as Level says) revealed they get leaned on by corporate interests.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Founder of the Minton Yacht Club.

Раз, два, три!

Postby norah on 16 Apr 2016 13:58

pod wrote:Wow. VICE prides itself on it's "journalism". It's bad enough they have a leftist political bias, but now it's (unsurprisingly as Level says) revealed they get leaned on by corporate interests.

What is so leftist about VICE? The fact that they openly talk about weed and LGBT rights? What other channels besides Logo TV do you know of doing this kind of programming?
norah

Postby pod on 17 Apr 2016 16:36

Weed & LGBT aren't a leftist issue. If you support liberty, you support LGBT rights and the legalization of all drugs. Smoke what you want, fuck whomever you want.

VICE's leftist stance basically emanates from the fact that if you are white heater male, they consider you the enemy. SJWs revel in Vice's so-called content. The fact that they are advertorial like the MSM they so deride is very ironic.

I'll just get my news from the AP & Reuters. It's sadly about as good as it gets these days. Tell me what happened, I'll form my own opinions. That's journalism.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Founder of the Minton Yacht Club.

Раз, два, три!

Postby norah on 18 Apr 2016 11:12

I don't think anyone gets their regular news through Vice and if they are, they need help. Their content and docu-series are good, better than watching stupid Zombie shows on cable and reality TV infested prime time crap.
norah

Postby LeVeL on 18 Apr 2016 11:40

norah wrote:I don't think anyone gets their regular news through Vice and if they are, they need help. Their content and docu-series are good, better than watching stupid Zombie shows on cable and reality TV infested prime time crap.

+1

Well said girl
LeVeL

Right-Wingers gonna Hate

Postby coach on 19 Apr 2016 11:56

TechJunkie wrote:

Hmp. I didn't even know we had the Premier package. I'm surprised Vice doesn't offer a paid internet subscription option.
coach

Purpose of your visit?: Get real
What do you do?

Previous

Return to talk about Celebrity