Miami night club news from the source

The Big Short

Kardashians, Lohans, J-Laws, Johanssons, the Fappening, and more...

Moderator: TechJunkie

Postby JMT on 03 Mar 2016 16:31

The Big Short

Great cast, great script. A must see.

A

Excellent article here:

Q&A with Michael Burry, Real-Life Market Genius From The Big Short

In your opinion, did the crash result in any positive changes?

Unfortunately, not many that I can see. The biggest hope I had was that we would enter a new era of personal responsibility. Instead, we doubled down on blaming others, and this is long-term tragic. Too, the crisis, incredibly, made the biggest banks bigger. And it made the Federal Reserve, an unelected body, even more powerful and therefore more relevant. The major reform legislation, Dodd-Frank, was named after two guys bought and sold by special interests, and one of them should be shouldering a good amount of blame for the crisis. Banks were forced, by the government, to save some of the worst lenders in the housing bubble, then the government turned around and pilloried the banks for the crimes of the companies they were forced to acquire. The zero interest-rate policy broke the social contract for generations of hardworking Americans who saved for retirement, only to find their savings are not nearly enough. And the interest the Federal Reserve pays on the excess reserves of lending institutions broke the money multiplier and handcuffed lending to small and midsized enterprises, where the majority of job creation and upward mobility in wages occurs. Government policies and regulations in the postcrisis era have aided the hollowing-out of middle America far more than anything the private sector has done. These changes even expanded the wealth gap by making asset owners richer at the expense of renters. Maybe there are some positive changes in there, but it seems I fail to see beyond the absurdity.
JMT

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby TechJunkie on 03 Mar 2016 17:30

Re: The Big Short

Oh they made a movie out of that too. Makes sense.

I still thought that Flash Boys was way more interesting.
TechJunkie
Chief Quartermaster Officer

I had a dream last night I was piloting a plane
and all the passengers were drunk and insane.

Postby norah on 07 Mar 2016 13:16

Re: The Big Short

I saw it in December and thought the cast was awesome.
norah

Purpose of your visit?: Banter

Return to talk about Celebrity