Miami night club news from the source

Deadpool

Kardashians, Lohans, J-Laws, Johanssons, the Fappening, and more...

Moderator: TechJunkie

Postby coach on 16 Feb 2016 12:36

Deadpool

It was a decent, brainless smash and bash movie. No Avengers or anything, but a fun romp of egregious violence.

I hated the introduction of Deadpool in the comic books by the Image Idiots. It was part of the fall of real storytelling in comic books and the descent into just over-the-top violence that included characters like Venom, Carnage, Cable, Bane and Doomsday, all characters that were just character-less mass murderers with no real backstory.

But, as a brainless action movie, with really terrible character and plot development, it works fine.
coach

Purpose of your visit?: Get real
What do you do?

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby LeVeL on 19 Feb 2016 11:44

Re: Deadpool

I loved the flick. Maybe the best comic movie since The Dark Knight Trilogy

The fact that the film was rated R was a big plus. The action was excellent, the witty comedic bits blended quite well and Ryan Reynolds was a perfect fit for the role.

I have been recommending the film to everyone, but I have to say parents should not take their kids to this movie. There is nudity, a superhero jerking off while holding a stuffed unicorn, bloody violence and a lot of profanity. I had a kid sit by us on the theater and the parents kept covering the kids eyes during the film.
LeVeL

Right-Wingers gonna Hate

Postby coach on 22 Feb 2016 12:26

I agree, LeVeL, definitely not a kids flick. One assumes this is why they rated it R. Don't bring kids to rated R movies, duh.

I think this phenomena is due to the pussifying of R-rated flicks. Look at R-rated action flicks from the 80s, many were just about the same as Deadpool. Look at R-rated flicks in the 2016s, many might as well be PG, except for a few cusswords.

Also due to the PG-13 rating effect. This was the worst thing that ever happened to movies.
coach

Purpose of your visit?: Get real
What do you do?

Postby LeVeL on 22 Feb 2016 12:44

coach wrote:I think this phenomena is due to the pussifying of R-rated flicks. Look at R-rated action flicks from the 80s, many were just about the same as Deadpool. Look at R-rated flicks in the 2016s, many might as well be PG, except for a few cusswords.

I agree. I remember every big action flick included a sex scene just look at the first Terminator, Cobra, Top Gun etc..

LeVeL

Right-Wingers gonna Hate

Postby davenavarro on 22 Feb 2016 20:47

LeVeL wrote:
coach wrote:I think this phenomena is due to the pussifying of R-rated flicks. Look at R-rated action flicks from the 80s, many were just about the same as Deadpool. Look at R-rated flicks in the 2016s, many might as well be PG, except for a few cusswords.

I agree. I remember every big action flick included a sex scene just look at the first Terminator, Cobra, Top Gun etc..

Level you do know that Top Gun is rated PG, right?
davenavarro

Purpose of your visit?: My Real Name is Sergio

Postby pod on 04 Mar 2016 01:08

Take my breath away.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Founder of the Minton Yacht Club.

Раз, два, три!

Return to talk about Celebrity