Miami night club news from the source

Straight Outta Compton

Kardashians, Lohans, J-Laws, Johanssons, the Fappening, and more...

Moderator: TechJunkie

Postby pod on 27 Jan 2016 12:26

Straight Outta Compton

Ms Pod & I, not really being hip-hop fans, watched it.

Great movie. Even you aren't into hip-hop. There's enough of a story, and enough "background info" for you to get the idea without knowing much about NWA, Dre, Ice Cube, Eazy-E and so on.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Purpose of your visit?: ASIC
Founder of the Minton Yacht Club.

Раз, два, три!

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby TechJunkie on 27 Jan 2016 12:52

Re: Straight Outta Compton

I took a lot of crap recently when I was trying to show a presentation in a conference room using an Apple TV because the first thing that people saw when I started the Apple TV was:

STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON

People were like, uhhh, what is this presentation about?
TechJunkie
Chief Quartermaster Officer

I had a dream last night I was piloting a plane
and all the passengers were drunk and insane.

Postby coach on 16 Feb 2016 12:38

I definitely want to see this. Have you seen "Hustle and Flow"? That was a kick ass hip-hop movie.
coach

Purpose of your visit?: Get real
What do you do?

Postby pod on 16 Feb 2016 12:57

coach wrote:I definitely want to see this. Have you seen "Hustle and Flow"? That was a kick ass hip-hop movie.

Nope. I should queue it up. I think you'd enjoy Straight Outta Compton though since there's a fair amount of industry goings-on in there.

And Ice Cube's son might as well be a clone of his dad.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Раз, два, три!

Postby norah on 16 Feb 2016 17:38

I liked it a lot and thought it was well made. Not sure it is an Oscar worthy flick but really good in terms of content and history of CA hip hop.
norah

Purpose of your visit?: Banter

Postby pod on 16 Feb 2016 19:15

norah wrote:I liked it a lot and thought it was well made. Not sure it is an Oscar worthy flick but really good in terms of content and history of CA hip hop.

Of course I had to Google the hell out of it afterwards, and there are a few inconsistencies and Jerry Heller claims he was horridly misrepresented in the film. But it did stick mostly to the story, probably because of most of NWA being involved in it on their own and Eazy's widow Tomika being an executive producer.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Раз, два, три!

Postby norah on 16 Feb 2016 22:31

pod wrote:
norah wrote:I liked it a lot and thought it was well made. Not sure it is an Oscar worthy flick but really good in terms of content and history of CA hip hop.

Of course I had to Google the hell out of it afterwards, and there are a few inconsistencies and Jerry Heller claims he was horridly misrepresented in the film. But it did stick mostly to the story, probably because of most of NWA being involved in it on their own and Eazy's widow Tomika being an executive producer.

Well, if Jerry is so grossly misrepresented, he'll walk with 110 million but that remains to be seen/ proved in court
norah

Postby coach on 17 Feb 2016 12:42

I mean, if Mad Max got 10 Oscar nominations, it seems like they might have lowered their standards...
coach

Purpose of your visit?: Get real
What do you do?

Postby pod on 17 Feb 2016 19:11

norah wrote:
Well, if Jerry is so grossly misrepresented, he'll walk with 110 million but that remains to be seen/ proved in court

Exactly. I wasn't there, so I have no idea. Didn't even know who he was until the film.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Раз, два, три!

Postby norah on 18 Feb 2016 12:47

coach wrote:

I mean, if Mad Max got 10 Oscar nominations, it seems like they might have lowered their standards...

Mad Max got nominations for many technical aspects like makeup and editing. I've only seen the trailer and I can tell you from a makeup perspective, that takes a lot of creativity and skill much like editing. Production design is another one, I know to most people that's nothing but those are key elements in creating a movie.
norah

Return to talk about Celebrity