Miami night club news from the source

John Wick Starting Keanu Reeves

Kardashians, Lohans, J-Laws, Johanssons, the Fappening, and more...

Moderator: TechJunkie

Postby LeVeL on 24 Nov 2014 14:44

John Wick Starting Keanu Reeves

If you like a great shoot 'em up flick with none-stop action, then this movie is for you. I recommend it

The movie also stars Game Of Thrones own Theon Greyjoy

phpBB [media]
LeVeL

Right-Wingers gonna Hate

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby davenavarro on 24 Nov 2014 14:57

Re: John Wick Starting Keanu Reeves

I heard the movie was pretty good, but didn't know that Keanu Reeves was the start of the movie.
davenavarro

Purpose of your visit?: My Real Name is Sergio

Postby LeVeL on 24 Nov 2014 15:01

davenavarro wrote:I heard the movie was pretty good, but didn't know that Keanu Reeves was the start of the movie.

Oopsy Daisy

Star not start :lol:
LeVeL

Right-Wingers gonna Hate

Postby JMT on 28 Jun 2015 10:44

I expected a cheesy comic book, CGI-packed movie but I was happily wrong. Ultra violent, old school revenge flick, beautifully shot, none of that jerky camera bullshit that is so nauseatingly common today. A couple "villian talking" cliches down the stretch, but easily overlooked.

A-
Last edited by JMT on 28 Jun 2015 10:48, edited 1 time in total.
JMT

Postby TechJunkie on 28 Jun 2015 10:48

I saw this last night and it has to be the most sociopathic movie I've ever seen. The guy goes around for two hours shooting people in the heads. Society has apparently come a long way since A Clockwork Orange was rated X for violence.
TechJunkie
Chief Quartermaster Officer

I had a dream last night I was piloting a plane
and all the passengers were drunk and insane.

Postby Michael^Heaven on 28 Jun 2015 12:31

Re:

JMT wrote:I expected a cheesy comic book, CGI-packed movie but I was happily wrong. Ultra violent, old school revenge flick, beautifully shot, none of that jerky camera bullshit that is so nauseatingly common today. A couple "villian talking" cliches down the stretch, but easily overlooked.

A-

Damn good movie. I, too, was expecting cheese all around but was pleasantly surprised. If you're into movies such as the 'Die Hard' series (as I am) then definitely check this movie out. Recommended. Oh, btw..the end...he... ;)
Michael^Heaven

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.

Postby TechJunkie on 28 Jun 2015 12:50

Un-self-consciously celebrating sociopathy? Is that where we are as a society? Really? This movie made me sick to my stomach in a way that even kroovy horrorshow ultraviolet video games don't.
TechJunkie

Postby TechJunkie on 28 Jun 2015 14:20

total-body-count-large-font.png

It's not even just the total body count that was revolting. It's how the protagonist walked up to a lot of strangers who were not even threatening him and shot them in the heads as an introduction.

The point of the movie seems to be about how much damage a sociopath could do if he decided to just walk up to dozens of people and shoot them in the heads as a way of saying hello.

The ISIS terrorist who shot all of those tourists in Tunisia achieved a body count of less than half of the body count in John Wick. But people gave this movie an "A" rating and cheered John Wick as the protagonist for killing all of those people over a stolen car and a dog, while condemning Islam for being evil and bloodthirsty. Sure, that makes sense...
TechJunkie

Postby JMT on 28 Jun 2015 14:52

He only killed Russian henchmen.

I saw a different point. Don't hurt animals.

One is a movie and the other is a real life Muslim nut job actually murdering real life innocent tourists, so there's also that minor distinction.
JMT

Postby TechJunkie on 28 Jun 2015 15:21

JMT wrote:One is a movie and the other is a real life Muslim nut job actually murdering real life innocent tourists, so there's also that minor distinction.

If there were a movie about a Muslim avenger who went around killing 77 people without saying hello first then you would use it as part of your justification for hating all Muslims. But you watch this movie about a guy shooting 77 people in the heads for killing a dog and you cheer un-self-consciously. Sure, okay, that makes sense. (NOT)
TechJunkie

Next

Return to talk about Celebrity