Miami night club news from the source

Digidesign Pro Tools 8!

New software and new tools for music production.

Postby stryke303 on 04 Oct 2008 18:54

Digidesign Pro Tools 8!

Hi all,
I'm really quite happy and proud to introduce those of you are are music makers here to Pro Tools 8:

http://digidesign.com/index.cfm?langid=100&navid=399&ref=pt8-hpf

As some of you may know, I've been an endorsed spokesperson for Digidesign, the maker of Pro Tools, for a little over 2 years now. When I joined the company, one of the first things they did was put me in touch with the engineers and developers of the software and ask me what I loved and hated. So, after 2 years, along with friends and colleagues such as Richie Hawtin and others, the dev team at Digi really heard what we, as electronic musicians, needed Pro Tools to be. So now, not only is it the best sounding DAW. (Digital Audio Workstation) on the planet, but now it's got a full on creative punch as well, built right in. I've been using the beta for a few months now, and we've been tweaking it non-stop. I'm quite proud of my own development ideas which made it into the final release such as: new/updated GUI (graphical user interface), a full creative virtual instrument package included, multi-view automation, and a multitimbral Xpand/Sample Playback VI (Virtual Instrument). The upcoming release of this software version also explains why I haven't been home much as of late. Between supporting my album and flying out to Digidesign and M-Audio HQ to train, learn,, and aid in development, it's been quite an exciting year. I'll definitely be hosting some clinics and events in the next few months here at home, once the full version is released. I have been holding some private sessions in my studio at home for a few people. If anyone has any questions, please feel to fire em off here and I'll do my best to answer. We have a ton of other stuff in dev, and you'll be able to see some of it when I DJ live soon, and you can already hear some of it in some of my current and upcoming releases. Hope this finds everyone well.

Best,
Greg
stryke303

:::: A thousand storms may come to pass...let them come. ::::

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby AndrewChibale on 05 Oct 2008 15:52

Re: Digidesign Pro Tools 8!

thanks for the heads-up .. looks promising 8-)
AndrewChibale

Return to music production