Miami night club news from the source

Ableton/Final Scratch....

New software and new tools for music production.

Postby Eeyore on 08 Aug 2008 21:45

Re: Ableton/Final Scratch....

Philip wrote:somehow i think they got it right

And somehow I'd like a few more specifics before I accept their conclusions.

As for ABX, it's a useful tool, but you can only use it to prove that a particular codec is transparent to you.

Finally, I really didn't intend to start a stale analog vs. digital vs. compressed digital argument. Digital audio technology has come a long way in the past few years, and I'm delighted that at least some DJs are working with better and better source material.
Eeyore

No politics, just fashion models

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby B-SIDE on 09 Aug 2008 16:19

WOW i haven't been on here in ages but it looks like I inadvertently started some shit a few years ago, LOL

Despite that fact I still use and prefer Vinyl when able and available... However due to a bad back and a craving for my entire collection @ all time I mostly use FS in for my sets..

At the end of the day... it is what it is and I still tell people to learn to DJ the old school way first... VINYL.. I can't stand microwave DJ's although i helped create the beast that almost destroyed the art of DJ-ing,, ALMOST.. because a kick ass DJ can do even more w/ DVS... and now the roof is about to blow off thanks to my next project...

3, 2, 1, Warning: shameless plug ahead >>>>>
http://www.enterthesystem.com

Peace,
B~
B-SIDE

Purpose of your visit?: The comedy
Peace, Paix, Paz
B~
"The DJ From Another Planet" (TM)

Postby Eeyore on 14 Aug 2008 22:11

Nice!