Miami night club news from the source

Idea/Suggestion on How to Attract More Women to TNL...

Let us know how we can do better?

Should TNL Start a New Section Called "talk about Celebrities"?

Yes
80%
No
20%

Total votes : 5

Postby Electronic Foodie on 24 Jul 2009 17:47

Idea/Suggestion on How to Attract More Women to TNL...

Philip wrote:maybe chicks will post here now

Pod wrote:Doubt it. I've run enough of these damn things to know it just doesn't happen.

Sucks, but whatever. Besides, if I want to meet a girl online I just go to AFF or something.

Philip has a good point. Where are all the women?

Here's my idea:

Why not start a "talk about Celebrities" section (Gossip, News, Sightings, Fashions, Events, etc.) on TNL?

Example Posts:
a. I just saw Kim Kardashian eating a Big Mac at McDonalds;
b. Paris Hilton Hosting at Mansion on 8/1/2009;
c. The Honky Tonk Man Comes Out of Retirement;
d. 20 Celebrities Dead in the Span of 1 Week; and
e. I Just Saw Megan Fox Kiss Lime Seed.Image

Reasons:
a. We are a celebrity obsessed society;
b. Celebrities host at and visit nightclubs all the time; they are a big part of the nightclub industry; nightclubs use them to attract people;
c. Daily sightings of celebrities;
d. You could add a TMZ and Perez Hilton RSS/Twitter Feed to the Section;
e. Many celebrities have homes in South Florida where a majority of TNL's users are based;
f. Celebrity blogger Perez Hilton is originally from Miami.
g. Women Image celebrities; and
h. All of the celebrity magazines/websites market/cater to women.

Please vote. Your thoughts and criticisms will be appreciated.
Electronic Foodie

Purpose of your visit?: Electronic Music + Food

Share On:

Share on Facebook FacebookShare on Twitter TwitterShare on Orkut OrkutShare on Reddit RedditShare on VK VKShare on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+

Postby Ryan on 24 Jul 2009 18:13

Re: Idea/Suggestion on How to Attract More Women to TNL...

I don't know about attracting women, but that sounds like something that could get us into all kinds of trouble. So I voted "yes".

This is also something that could add some depth to the site as a shared forum when we take it to the next level soon and add city forums for other locations. I wasn't especially proud of the site when Honky was using it as a platform to sling insults at people. No point in spreading to new locations if Honky is there representing us and making us all look like jerks when new visitors take a look. Now that he's gone we can turn the page and expand a little. The dining, music and anything forums will be shared among all cities and they could get more interesting. A celebrity forum seems like a reasonable thing to add to that lineup.
Ryan
Chief Quartermaster Officer

"A discriminating irreverence is the creator and protector of human liberty."
Mark Twain

Postby pod on 24 Jul 2009 21:44

If more girls show up I'll have to be a nice religious boy.

pod
Kaptain Kook

Founder of the Minton Yacht Club.

Раз, два, три!

Postby coonass on 28 Aug 2009 10:54

For beginners - get a layout that if IE friendly.. This site is awful when viewed in Internet Explorer. Most women arent into the whole Techcrunch, firefox, mac, computer geek lifestyle that most men are into... This site is impossible to use when in modern mode... The Login/Register link at the top of the page is cut off. If a user is not smart with websites and computers they will never be able to figure out how to log into this site using IE.. Also, the site is very choppy.

I seriouslly think you should switch the site to legacy mode and slap the logo where the phpbb logo is located and traffic will increase.

Try it out for a few days like that and see if there is a major improvement in traffic.
coonass
Troll

Purpose of your visit?: Making myself look like an idiot.

Postby Ryan on 28 Aug 2009 11:12

You could be right about that, but the price of that would be giving up Dan's photos.
Ryan
Chief Quartermaster Officer

"A discriminating irreverence is the creator and protector of human liberty."
Mark Twain

Postby pod on 28 Aug 2009 11:30

And I need all the traffic I can get!

Actually, the "bulk" of the girls I know and photograph do use Firefox. If not, they're intelligent enough to install it, and then there's a flurry of "thank you thank you thank you" emails after the fact, because suddenly their internet experience is fun again.

The funniest thing is we built TNL with some features to make it work in IE6 and IE7, then 8 comes along and "fixes" those features, i.e. it's more standards compliant..thus those fixes break the part of the site that goes "IE? Well show it this way!"

If you're on 6, you're kind of SOL. We won't waste our time developing for that. Even MS is grudgingly admitting it's obsolete.
pod
Kaptain Kook

Founder of the Minton Yacht Club.

Раз, два, три!

Return to suggestions